Regulus

Sitting in the Slytherin common room, I waited patiently for it to be past curfew, and for the students to clear out some.
This was best if I wanted to make sure no one else would already be at the astronomy tower, and if I didn't want anyone to see me leaving.

I sat in the little reading nook off to the corner, not attracting attention from anyone. That's how I liked to be.. left alone.

Most of the time, sometimes I wanted to be around some people, mainly just one in particular.
Sometimes I really wanted to be around James, like how I felt right now, waiting for time to pass curfew. I just wanted to be near him a lot of the time, but I'd probably never admit that out loud.

I curled up, with my hands resting on my knees, my knees tucked up to my chest. I gazed out the window, at the water. That should be a weird thing to say, but it was all that there was to see from that window, and any window in the Slytherin common room. Water.

Some creature swam through the water, zipping past the window in a blur, so that I couldn't tell what it was. Some sort of underwater mossy, grass plant was growing on the window, and it ruffled as the creature swam past. I watched it settle back to a gentle sway, flowing with the steady rhythm of the lakes movement.

Tearing my gaze away from the window, I looked back at the clock hanging on the wall above the fireplace, which was currently crackling merrily, slowly burning out.

The clock read that it was currently 10:06 pm.
It was now past curfew, so I quickly glanced around the common room, seeing how many people were still here and paying attention to the exit.
I counted seven heads, and no one was currently paying attention to the hidden doorway in the wall, but I knew someone would see if it suddenly opened past curfew, and they saw me leaving.

Risk it for the biscuit?
It wasn't worth it, if someone saw me. I'd have to explain to them why I was leaving and probably end up getting in trouble.
But James must be a damn good biscuit cause I got up and headed for the door quietly, making sure no one was near.

I reached the doorway, and opened it slowly. No one looked over at me, or gave any indication that I had drawn any attention. I opened it enough for me to slip out, doing so.
I stepped out into the dungeon hallway, the doorway disappearing by itself, like normal.
Just before it closed I glanced back, and saw that I had still gone unnoticed.

Mission success. Good job soldier.

I glanced up and down the hallway tentatively, making sure no one was near. I didn't hear any footsteps or see anyone, so I quickly began making my way up the corridor, making sure to step lightly, not making any sound.
Thankfully I had a lot of practice, from trying to sneak around at 'home,' if you can call it that, not wanting to attract attention from my parents. Or from sneaking around with Barty, Lucius, Evan, and the other Slytherins I sometimes hung around.
I wasn't much of a clumsy person to start with, I had that 'elegance' that ran in the family, so it hadn't been hard for me to learn how to sneak around without making any noise.
I didn't have to try hard though, the castle was pretty quiet, so I could hear if someone was coming before I ever saw them.

I reached the end of the corridor, and slowly looked around the corner. Seeing no one, and hearing nothing, I continued my way along the next corridor, then the next, eventually reaching the stairs and heading up those as well.
After many flights of stairs and checking around corners I eventually made it to the astronomy tower.

I stood in the towers entrance for about three seconds when James came up behind me.

I turned around and faced him, slightly surprised. Not cause he had startled me, but because we never actually discussed a time, and yet he somehow knew when to come.