Regulus

We eventually made it inside the castle, cold and wet from the snow, our noses and ears freezing from the icy air, and I began to wonder if I was still welcome among the group.
They had invited me to come snowball fighting with them, but could I still hang around?

I was cold, my clothes were damp, and I needed to change out of them. I would have to walk to the Slytherin common room, meaning I'd have to leave the group as well.
Oh well, it's not like I'm one of them.
They're much closer with each other than I'd ever be.

We were passing the stairs that led to the dungeons, and I broke away from them, heading down the flight of stairs.
"Cya.." I muttered to them as I departed.

"Wait, where are you going?" James asked.

"To get some warm clothes, aren't y'all?" I asked in response.

"Yeah, okay. We can wait for you." He told me.

"Who said I was coming back?" I questioned.

"It's not like you have to leave us, unless you want to." James offered. "Besides, you need us for the password."

"Password to what?" I couldn't see where this was going.

"To Gryffindor tower. Duh." Sirius answered, rolling his eyes.

"I- your saying I can come?" I asked, bewildered.

"Yes. Took you long enough." Sirius teased. "So are you staying or nah?"

"Y- yeah.. give me a second.." I told them, running off down the stairs toward Slytherin common room.

Were they actually inviting me into Gryffindor tower? Were we that close already?
Was this against the rules? No one ever said otherwise.
Was this all James idea, and he somehow convinced Sirius to agree, or was Sirius actually chill with me?

My mind continued rattling off questions as I speeded into the Slytherin common room, up the stairs, into my dorm.
I grabbed a black, long sleeved band shirt from my drawers.
It was a comfy material, and slightly baggy. I  then grabbed a baggy pair of light washed jeans, quickly changing into both of these in less than fifteen seconds.
I kept my beanie on, as it wasn't too damp, and I really liked it, but I took my gloves off. I wouldn't need them, and they were soaked.

I then rushed back out of my dorm room, speeding down the stairs, through the common room and back out into the dungeon corridor.
I raced up the hallway, and eventually reached the stairs, taking three at a time.

I didn't want to keep the others waiting on me, I'm not worth the wait, and I don't understand why they were being so friendly in the first place.

I reached the top of the stairs, and sure enough the others were still there, waiting.
I hadn't doubted they'd be there, but part of me wondered as I had hurriedly changed into my clothes that maybe they had just left me, not actually wanting my company and deciding to play another prank.
It certainly wasn't impossible, they'd do something of the sort.

But there they were, sure enough.
And I was sure James eyes lit up slightly when he saw me, or maybe I was just imaging it.

"Did I keep y'all waiting long?" I asked.

"No, you were quite fast." James told me.

"Now let's move out men, Im freezing." Sirius said, and we all started heading toward Gryffindor tower.

"And women." Lily corrected once more.

"Yeah Sirius, you gotta get used to this. What if I want to become trans?" Remus joked.