Regulus

I sat in the living room with everybody else as we exchanged gifts by the lights of the Christmas tree, and the dim lamp light as it was still a bit dark outside, the skies once more clouded over with thick, dark grey clouds.
I sat beside James, who I apparently sit next to a lot. It just sort of ends up this way naturally, as I felt closest to him, and without thinking about it chose to sit next to him all the time. Or was it the other way around?
Peter was still at his house, spending Christmas morning with his family, so it was just the four of us and James's parents.

We had gone on a hunt to buy each other Christmas gifts a few days ago, and the four of us, Sirius, James, Remus and me, ventured into the muggle town near the Potters house, and we spent the day there, exploring the muggle world. It had been quite a fun adventure.
I had gotten Sirius a beanie of his own, a black one with a skeleton hand making a 'rock on' symbol with its fingers, along with a dog biscuit. As a joke.

I now handed these to him, and unwrapping them, he immediately put the beanie on his head. I could tell he liked it. He thanked me, and laughed at the dog biscuit. He found good humor in it. Mr. and Mrs. Potter seemed slightly confused, but didn't ask anything.

"It fits really well." Sirius told me with a smile. "Thanks."

"No problem." I responded.

"Here." He said, handing me a wrapped gift.
"I got you something too."

"Oh.." I replied.
I don't know why, but I hadn't expected to receive anything. Why? I had gotten things for them, I had thought about them, why would I assume they wouldn't think about me in return?
"Thank you.." I said tentatively.

"Just open it." He prompted, and I did.
In the package were a pair of quidditch socks, with snitches stitched all over them, and I comfy looking hoodie, a black one with green stripes. I loved it already.

"T-thank you Sirius." I repeated.

"Of course, you prick. Like I'd forget you." He nudged me lightly, and I smiled at him. He seemed really happy to have pleased me, and I was happy to please him.

I then handed my gift to James, and he received it with a smirk, before opening it.
I had bought him a white bucket hat, because I loved the way they looked on him, and he loved them too. I had asked Mrs. Potter if I could borrow some of her sewing supplies, and I had embroidered a pair of deer antlers into the front of it myself. They had turned out really well.

"Aw.. did you do this yourself?" James asked me, fingering the antlers gently on the hat.
I nodded, and he smiled at them.
"I love it." He told me, reaching over and giving me a hug, which I'm glad no one else saw. Even if they did, I'm sure they wouldn't care, as James hugged people all the time.

He pulled something out of his pocket, and I saw that it was a small grey box. He reached out, placing it in my hand.
"Open it." He prompted, and I did so.
In it, was a sliver chain bracelet. It was simple, but I loved it none the less. Silver chained anything was kind of my thing.
I pulled it out of the box, and James helped me attach it to my wrist.
"It's not actually silver, but stainless steal. Remus can't handle to be around silver." He explained to me, and I nodded understandingly.

"Thank you." I whispered to him.

"Of course, Reg." He replied, giving me one more hug, which I gladly returned.

After a little while, we had exchanged all our gifts. I had given Remus some chocolate, not knowing what else he would like, and he had given me a tin of cookies in return, which I was grateful for. Mr. and Mrs. Potter gave me a comfy, green jumper, which I had thanked them for more than once, telling them they didn't have to get me anything, but they had insisted.
Over all, I mainly just enjoyed spending time with them, hanging out in the living room, laughing, cleaning up the wrapping paper, drinking hot coco, and eventually we picked up the mugs, tidied up the living room once more before continuing on with our day, before it got late into the evening and guests would start arriving for Christmas dinner.