James

A few days later, on a wonderful Friday, I was currently walking up and down corridors and staircases, in pursuit of my beloved little bean.

And, I assume Regulus would most likely be in the library right now, so that is where I was heading. To the library.
I passed dimly lit windows that exposed the overcast outside, the dark swaying trees in the distance, along with many paintings on the inside, the random students here and there, some chatting in groups or others walking alone like I did now, or stone columns, cobblestone flooring or tile, the various forms of architecture...

I brushed a hand absentmindedly through my hair as I continued to walk down the corridor, and I realized afterward I had done it without thinking. I guess I do it subconsciously most of the time. It had become a habit of mine very quickly.
I wondered if it made me look more confident, or did I just end up looking nervous and fidgety?
Whatever. I don't care either way.

I finally reached the library, and I entered without hesitation, but making sure to stay quiet as I did so, pushing the door open and then closing it behind me.
I instantly began walking down the rows, glancing down their shelves, and finding only other students who I only distantly recognized a few of, either that or empty isles.
I looked around the tables and chairs off to the sides as well, but again didn't find the person I was looking for.

He's probably near the back... I realized.
He's like that. Preferring to be left in peace and quiet..

So I walked toward the back, and soon enough, I spotted a black haired someone sitting at a table with a book in their hands as they read, their knees tucked up to their chest as they leaned against the wall.
I couldn't see his face as he was leaning over a book, but I knew it was my lil' Reggo who sat there.

I approached the table he sat at, and I rested my hands on the edge of the table, supporting most of my weight onto them. I stood in front of him, standing in silence as I waited for him to notice me first.
That, was easier said then done...
Of course, he's reading, so he's not going to look up unless I say something.

Or.. There's always an alternative...

I leaned across the table, bringing my face closer to his, closer, and I brushed my nose against Regulus's, planting a sweet kiss on the bridge of his nose as I did so, causing him to startle.

He took in a sharp breathe through his teeth, making a quick, slight hissing sound. That mixed with a silent yelp.
His head jerked up, meeting my eyes, our faces only a few inches apart.
The first thing he said to me was, "No."

"No?" I questioned, a playful smile betraying my lips.

"Don't scare me like that." He explained.

"I'm sorry, but you looked so oblivious in your own little world, sitting in the corner like that, it was hard to resist."

Regulus didn't seem to care how 'in his own world' he had looked. He continued to give me that same look.
Y'know, like he was slightly pissed, or wanted to be, but just can't be pissed very long in a situation like this, so he ends up just being adorable instead.
That kind of look. With the wide, mildly surprised eyes, and the small frown with slightly parted lips, lips that urged me to kiss him yet again..

I suddenly realized that I may have genuinely startled the smaller boy, and that he may not have liked me doing that at all.

"I'm sorry," I told him again, but more serious this time. "I thought maybe you liked surprise kisses?"