Regulus

I woke up with she sun streaming through a crack in the curtains. One of my legs was dangling off the bed and my hair was a mess.
I squinted at the light as I opened the curtains and crawled out of bed, yawning.

Barty's bed was empty, and he wasn't in the dorm. Unusual, I usually wake up before him. I didn't give it much thought tho.

I walked over to the mirror and combed my hair before brushing my teeth.
I hadn't really slept well, and it showed in my face. Oh well, it's not like I care about my appearance that much.

I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my clothes before changing into them and heading down the stairs, still doing the buttons around the neck of my robes.

I passed through the common room, and went out through the opening in wall and into the corridors, heading for the great hall.

I didn't pass anyone on the way to the great hall, which was a relief. I didn't care for socializing much. I was always awkward when talking to other people, especially people I'm not comfortable with. And it was a rare thing for me to be "comfortable" with anyone.
I had few friends.
They mainly consisted of Barty, a few other Slytherins such as Evan, and Pandora from Ravenclaw. Pandora also hung around Sirius and the other "marauders," thought not as much as Lily Evans, or Marlene McKinnon and Mary Macdonald.
I didn't know much about Lily and the M's but I just knew they hung around Sirius and his gang.

Anyway I walked into the great hall, and strolled up the Slytherin table.
I found Barty, he was sitting at the table and chatting with Evan, who was sitting beside him.
I sat opposite them, a little ways down. I didn't want to talk to Barty at the moment.

I poured myself a cup of coffee. Black, like my soul.

I took a sip and savored the warm feeling it left behind.
I sat quietly by myself that morning, just drinking coffee to get me through lessons. But I was surprised to find myself looking for James at the Gryffindor table.
I found him, it's not hard.
He was sitting next to Sirius. (Shocking, I know) and they were talking about something very animatedly, Sirius was using his hands as he described something, who knows what tho.
James had his eyebrows scrunched, nodding along with a look of interest on his face.
I suppose he is hot..
I was even more surprised to find myself thinking that. No matter how true it is.

Ok well, maybe he is hot but I'm not doing this today.. I thought.
I took a gulp of coffee.

"Staring at anyone in particular?!" Teased a voice I knew.

I gave Barty one of those looks I could do that clearly meant You better shut the hell up or face the consequences, but I didn't say anything. I knew he wanted me to get annoyed and tease back but I wasn't going to get involved.

"Oh,, your being like that today." Barty said.
"Was it cause of what I said last night."

It wasn't really, I just wasn't in the mood, but I still said nothing. I took another sip of coffee.

"Look, I didn't really mean it. I was just teasing." He insisted.

I raised one eyebrow at him. "Really?" I smirked "Cause that's not a load of bullshit."

"Okay yeah I meant it. I think your crushing on James." He said, a little to loudly.

"Just tell everyone why don't you." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay." He smirked. He opened his mouth to announce something. But I was quicker.

"Silencio." I muttered, pointing my wand at him under the table. No one looked over like anything happened, but Barty glared at me. But he couldn't say anything about it, could he?