James

Btw this is completely random, but I'm sipping tea and jamming to music while I write fan fiction. Just vibing, it's great.

It was the morning of the quidditch match, and I was slightly nervous.

I usually wasn't, cause I loved quidditch so much and I'm great at it. (Not to brag)
And even if we loose, it's still fun, right?

But today I was more nervous than usual, we were playing against Slytherin. Meaning I would be playing with Regulus.
I just hoped I didn't get distracted, but I couldn't promise anything.

I hoped we won, even if I was playing against my boyfriend, it's not like he'll hold it against me, right? I wouldn't hold it against him, it's a friendly type of house competition. Though sometimes it wasn't always like that and the players could get pretty dirty.
I would never play dirty against Reg though, and I never have.

Me and the Marauders sometimes bully the Slytherins, and they bully us back. It's just what we do, but I've never picked on Regulus, not directly. I never targeted him, not like with Snape. And of course Snape targeted us back, we wouldn't go out of our way to pick on some innocent soul. Snape was not innocent.

Like how last year he had targeted Remus, and eventually figured out he was a werewolf. We weren't going to forgive him for that, though that prank at the end of the school year was also Sirius' fault too, but we weren't mad at him, anymore. I'm just glad I got there in time.

But anyway, I was sitting in the great hall, trying to eat breakfast but getting lost in thought.

"Nervous James?" Sirius asked me, noticing I wasn't eating.

"Hm? Nah, just got lost in thought." I told him, eating my breakfast again.

Sirius nodded, he didn't look nervous either. Though you could never tell sometimes, he hid it well with confidence and swag.

I made sure the others weren't paying attention to me before looking over at the Slytherin table. I wanted to wish Regulus good luck before the match, but I don't know if I could get away from the others without looking suspicious.

I saw Regulus, he was sitting further away from where he usually sat with Barty, so it took me longer to find him. Odd? Maybe he's just worried about the match. Who knows..

He caught my gaze, and I saw him smile. It was a small smile, like he was relieved to see me, or like he hadn't smiled at all that day until that moment. It was small, but I could tell it was genuine, and it made me want to just go and hug him. He looked so adorable...

I grinned back at him, and gave him a meaningful nod, like 'I'll see you later' kinda nod. He seemed to have got the message, he nodded back.

I looked back down at my breakfast, and ate a spoonful of my oatmeal. When I looked back up I noticed Remus giving me a quizzical look, like he wanted to ask me something.
He didn't see me looking at Regulus did he!?

Calm down, I told myself. Jeez, don't get jumpy..

"Hm?" I asked him politely.

Remus shook his head. "Just that your jumper is on backward." He replied casually.

"Oh." I looked down, sure enough it was. Maybe I was a bit nervous? "Whoops."

I didn't care to change it right now though, we had about thirty minutes before the quidditch match. I finished the rest of my oat meal, then got up from the table.

"Imma go ahead and go." I told the others. They didn't question it, but I noticed Remus glance at me, that same quizzical look in his eyes. I tried to ignore it, as I headed out of the great hall.