Regulus

I drank my black coffee the next morning, hoping for it to fill my stomach so I wouldn't feel hungry, as I didn't plan on consuming anything else until dinner.
I had quickly found it quite uncomfortable to eat anything with a mandrake leaf stuck in my mouth, because it felt really weird, and I was slightly worried I might swallow the leaf without notice.
Though liquids were perfectly fine for some reason, as I didn't have to chew anything. But I couldn't go a whole month on liquids, could I?
I could go a whole day though, at least.

Whatever. It didn't bother me. I was used to skipping meals. I do it quite often.

I felt the leaf on the roof of my mouth with my tongue, the rough edges of it, the texture..
The other Marauders said I would get used to it, and perhaps I would, but so far I found it really hard to ignore.

I sat at the Slytherin table, Barty and Evan conversing at the bench in front of me as I joined in their chat every now and then.
Barty had now apparently decided to start calling Evan "Rosy," because of his last name, and had been doing it all morning.
Evan was currently trying to get him to stop.

"No but it suits you." Barty insisted.
"You'll grow on it."

"I assure you I won't. Please don't call me that or I swear I'll-" Evan broke off.

"Of course. You'll kill me in my sleep or something. Go ahead. I won't mind much." Barty told him, giving him a completely serious, but also mischievous look.

Evan simply rolled his eyes and returned to his breakfast.

Personally, it was nice to see the tables being turned, as I wasn't the one being nicknamed for once. Though I had to admit Rosy was much worse than the nickname Reggie. But it wasn't any better than Lucy..
I'm just glad no one else knew about that nickname. Sirius wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

"Okay... fine." Barty said to Evan before turning back toward me.
"Be like that."
Again, Evan said nothing to him.

"Did you finish that essay Professor Binns asked us to write?" Barty asked me out of no where.

"Mm.. yeah. Why?" I replied after taking another sip of coffee.

"Can I copy off of yours?" He suggested.

"We were suppose to have that written by now. We need to turn them in today." I told him.
How does he always manage to postpone everything until the last minute?

"Yeah.. well, I got distracted." He ventured.

I sighed, exasperated.
Distracted my ass! He forgets on purpose...

"Sure." I told him. "I'll find it.."

I reached into my book bag and began looking for my essay, before handing it across the table toward Barty.

"I appreciate it." He nodded as he took he essay and put it in his own bag to copy later.

Sure you do... I thought.

"Just return it before class?" I insisted.

"Mhm." Was all he replied with as he continued to finish off his breakfast, and we both fell silent.

I don't know why it bothered me so much when people copied my work. It's not like I had to rewrite it for them, they usually do that part themselves.
I suppose it's cause I'm worried they won't hand it back, or because I took the time to be responsible while they simply borrow my work and then benefit from it. Though, if the teachers found out, I might also get in trouble along with them, so I was being put at risk for someone else's laziness.
I guess that's why it bothered me, but I never said anything. Why don't I say what I mean more often? Why do I let people control me?

It's just homework, or, still schoolwork as none of us were at home, but whatever, why was I getting upset over it?

Just drink your stupid coffee and shut up.. my brain suggested.

Okay fine I will..

After a little while, Barty seemed to get bored with the lack of conversation that now settled over us three, as there wasn't much for me and Barty to talk about, and Evan wasn't responding to anything Barty said. So he leaned toward Evan, giving him an innocent, quizzical look as Evan stared down at his porridge, taking a bite from it as he did so.

"Must be some very nice oatmeal." Barty mused. "As you seem so interested in it..."
He was implying to the fact that Evan hadn't taken his eyes off the bowl before him.

"Maybe.." Evan replied, not looking up. "That's because I'm trying to ignore you."

Well your doing a fine job...

"That's rude." Barty told him. "Now why would you do such a thing?"

Evan didn't reply to him, and instead took another bite of oatmeal.

"Could you pass the sugar?" Evan then asked me.

I went to grab the sugar bowl, but Barty being the closest to it, picked it up and went to hand it to Evan.

"Sure thing Rosy." He said with a smirk.

"On second thought, Imma go to class." Evan told us. "Cya."
And then Evan promptly got up from the table and began walking out of the great hall.
I watched as he went, then turned back to Barty.

"Why do you always have to annoy everyone around you?" I asked the boy in front of me.

"Hm? Me? I don't try and annoy anyone. It's just you people who are so touchy." Barty replied sincerely.

"Sure." I responded, sarcasm marking my tone as I took another sip of coffee.
"Why do you want to call him Rosy anyway?"

"Because." Barty said. "It annoys him."

I was tempted to splash the rest of my coffee at the idiot.

"But just between you and me, I know that Evan secretly likes being called Rosy. You can tell by the way he was acting." Barty explained.

"Of course he does. Like when he rolled his eyes, ignored you, and then just now left." I implored.
"Your stupid."

"Merlin, take a joke." Barty told me. "Im kidding."

Okay, me and Barty don't usually get along, but some days are just impossible.
I can't communicate with him. He makes no sense. One moment you think he's stupid, but the next he turns out to just be kidding.
Whatever. Just whatever.

"I'll go meet up with Evan. See you later." I told him, gulping down the rest of my coffee.

"Mk." Was all he said, as I stood from the table and began making my way out of the great hall to actually start the day, if you could even say that.

Sometimes, it felt more like I was just going through the motions of living out a day, when inside I was still in bed, asleep, ignoring everything and everyone. Like I was sleep walking, or I was indeed awake, but in a trance, or some spell. I wasn't fully present, my mind wandered places, and I felt like all the people around me were somehow distant, like they were a different species.
How could they possibly have a life just like mine? Feelings like I do? Do we all really live in our own world like this? All focused on what others might think when we barely realize that others think at all?

1237 words

Kind of a short chapter, but eh.
I would say sorry for not posting another chapter sooner, but thing is most people don't post everyday anyway so, I think I just have high expectations for myself. I used to have a goal of posting a chapter everyday but now I just get busy and realize I can't do that.
Anyways I'll stop rambling..

Should I make Peter a traitor like he canonically is, or should he turn good? Or should he be good and die, or turn traitor and die? Which of the four, cuz I can't decide... ToT XD

But guys I've hit 20k!!!! Aaksnckskansjskw
You people are so awesome! Ty tysm!
Much love <3 xxxx

Cya meh peepers ;)