James

That Saturday I walked out of the great hall from breakfast. I had to explain to my friends why I was going to hogsmeade, which wasn't hard.

Sirius and Peter had detention because they had been caught attempting to change all the paintings in Hogwarts. Sirius swears that next time they'll get it right and won't get caught.
And Remus says he'll be taking the silence to his advantage and will be reading a book.
I just told them I wasn't going to hang around and read with Remus, and that I'd just go to hogsmeade anyway, by myself.
Simple enough, they bought it.

I looked around the Entrance hall, as students left from breakfast. The Hogsmeade trip was in about thirty minutes, maybe more, but I waited in the great hall anyway.
Sirius and Peter already left for detention, and I saw Remus head for the library.
But I looked for a certain little Black.

I spotted him soon enough. He had his back turned to me, so I decided to sneak up behind him.

I think I was quiet enough, or maybe it was too loud in the great hall, with breakfast still going on next door and students coming and going, but thankfully Regulus didn't hear me.

I surprised hugged him from behind, wrapping my arms around his waist. Regulus yelped in shock, but it was so quiet, it was kind of cute. He quickly got over the surprise of seeing me and he smirked.

"Don't do that again." He scolded me, with a smile playing on his lips.

"What, surprise you or hug you from behind?" I said, snaking my arms around him more tightly and pulling him closer.

"Don't surprise me like that, but hugging is tolerated." He told me.

"Tolerated?" I mused.

"Needed." He corrected.

I made sure no one was in the great hall currently, cause I knew Regulus sometimes got uncomfortable showing affection in public.
No one in fact was here, so I bowed my head and leaned closer to him. I nuzzled his neck, planting a gentle kiss there.

I loosened my grip on his waist, unwrapping my arms. He turned and faced me, looking up into my eyes. I grabbed both his hands in mine, rubbing his knuckles with my thumbs.

"About ready to go to hogsmeade?" I asked him.

"Sure." He nodded.

* * *

After a few minutes of waiting and having to be checked my Filch, we made it out of the castle and headed toward Hogsmeade. I held Regulus's hand in mine, as we strolled along the path that lead to the village. I could see small little houses in the distance, pointy rooftops and chimneys poking into the sky.

I lead him along the cobblestone pathways, between all the windows to the shops, with displays here and there, and shutters lining the windows.

"Any place in particular?" Regulus asked me.

"Well, I promised Sirius and Peter I'd get them some things, they said they'd pay me back, then I was going to walk around with you, that okay?" I asked him.

"Yup." He responded, leaning against my arm.

We both walked along the shops, and we reached Zonkos. I walked inside and Regukus followed me.
Sounds of all sorts hit our ears, cracks and explosions like fireworks, wizzing sounds, bangs, clicks, laughter, I smelled smoke, and saw some sparks ahead somewhere in the shop. There were students crowded everywhere, and I squeezed between them, trying to find some particular objects.
I highly doubted Regulus wanted to even be here, this was definitely not my idea of a date, but he stayed with me anyways.
I eventually found the items I was looking for and I paid for them and headed out.