Regulus

Finally, after what seemed like decades, I'd finished all my lessons for that day. Now, it was up to me to decide what I would do with the rest of it.

I could go hang out with some of my friends, see what they were up to, talk to them, but on second thought I didn't feel much like socializing today.
Since I'd been set a few assignments to complete, it was probably best to spend some time in the library.

I liked being in there. I didn't ever tell anyone so, but people who know me well enough already knew that.
It's nice, being able to hide from people behind a shelf full of books, in a peacefully quiet room that was unlikely to be disturbed.

So I began to start walking in that direction, as I swung my bag full of school books over my shoulder again.. It had slipped off twice now.

On the way there, my mind began wander, and I found myself thinking of James.
Naturally, I do this often..

I hadn't seen him much since... well, the whole thing with Barty. Whatever you call that.. It's been about three days. But who cares, I just didn't want to think about that right now.
I only hope that I hadn't caused James to, well... worry, or anything. The last thing I wanted was for him to go do something stupid. But knowing him, he probably had, and that's probably why I hadn't seen him recently.

I know it's only been three days, and that doesn't seem like much time, but I also haven't heard much from Barty either, and less from Evan. Though I don't know how Evan would get involved in this, I do know now that something has happened between Barty and James.

What I don't know, is wether I should be grateful or not.

I mean, I can take care of myself. Maybe I haven't been able to the past few times, due to circumstances, but from now on I will be. I'd make sure of it.
Sounds petty, but I mean it.

I just... I thought Barty was more of a friend, is all. And that's what really sound pathetic of me.
Yes, he's always been a self-centered, arrogant jerk who academically speaking is brilliant but can't seem to wrap his small brain around simple, moral concepts.
But other than that, there had still been moments where he'd been at least something of a friend. We'd known each other for so long, and maybe he was a prick but we were pricks together, and....
I don't know what I'm trying to say. Did I feel betrayed? Is that really what this is???

Whatever it was, I'd stop feeling it. I'd put Barty back in his place if I have to, cause I'm not allowing for any of this to continue.
I don't know what James did, but I had I feeling it wouldn't be good enough. Barty was much too defiant and too much of an idiot to listen to someone he dislikes that much.
But that's okay. I'd be ready for the slimy git if he decides to make a move again.

I was about halfway to the library now, walking somewhat alone as I'd just passed a group of students going the opposite direction, but then I began to realize someone has been following me for the past moment. I could hear their footsteps behind me as they sped up to get closer, and I was just about to turn around and see who was there when I heard a voice I recognized.

"Hey, Regulus." Barty called from behind me, seeking my attention.

Oh look, I've summoned him...

Remind me to not think about Barty too long or he may start appearing places.

I didn't answer, glance back at him, or give him any sign that I might have heard him, but instead began to speed up to a faster pace.

"Regulus! Reg, wait up..." Barty spoke again.

Does he really think he'll get my attention that easily? After what happened?
Okay, when I say I haven't heard much from Barty recently, that may also mean I've been ignoring him. Same difference..