Regulus

I was walking toward the great hall for dinner later that same day, after quidditch practice.
I entered and stalked over to the Slytherin table. Barty was already there, though he was talking to someone else. It looked like he was about to leave.

I sat down and began to serve myself a plate when I noticed someone staring at me from the corner of my eye. I looked up and found James' gaze. Oh not again... what's wrong with that guy? Hey, look somewhere else you creep.. I thought. First the quidditch practice and now this.

Whatever, I continued my dinner, keeping my head down and tried not to act suspicious. For all knew James was plotting his next prank and I so happened to be the victim. Or maybe there was another reason? I thought. Is this overthinking?

My brain needs to learn to shut up more often..

Well, if the 'marauders' were planning some prank I didn't want to figure out. And I found myself wanting to just get away from James.
I shoveled down the rest of my mashed potatoes and got up from the table. Barty had already left.

I walked down the Slytherin table and didn't spare a glance at Gryffindor.
Now that I was out of the great hall I walked down the corridors, heading for the dungeons.
I wonder if people have ever actually been locked up in there? Maybe as a punishment?
Your kid is invited to come to our school! Oh yeah, and by the way, if they're bad we will lock them up in our dungeons..
That didn't seem likely.

I reached the entrance to the Slytherin common room, and said the password. (Grata fututorum)

As I entered I saw Barty chillin on a couch near the fireplace. He had beat me to the common room, must've left while I was eating. He looked up when I entered.

"How was practice?" He asked.

"It was ok, almost got hit by a bludger." I said as I took one of the chairs opposite him.

"Damn. Wish I could have seen it." He replied with a look on his face that made me question if he actually wanted to see me get hurt or is he was just joking. "Were you distracted or something?"

"Yeah." I said, without really thinking, and before I could stop myself "that bloody James Potter decided to show up and I got distracted." Now that I look back at it, that didn't come out right. But it had been the truth.

Barty's eyebrows shot up, and he smirked. "No wonder you almost got hit, a hot guy showed up and-"

"Oh shut up!" I said. "That's not-"

"Not what? Why else would he be distracting?"
There was a funny look in Barty's eyes. But he seemed to be having fun teasing me. "I didn't really think he was your type but.."

"Woah woah woah." I replied. "What are you saying? That I would- that.. James!?" I could feel my cheeks burning. Oh shit.. now imma just look suspicious.

"Then why are you blushing?" Barty smirked. Though there was definitely something else in his eyes now. But only his eyes.

"Out of anger." I said, trying to cool down. "This is outrageous. Y'know what imma just go. I can't talk to you when your like this." I jumped off the couch and headed for our dorm. But I didn't miss Barty mumbling.
"He's definitely crushing on James."

Well great. I thought bitterly. Just great.
Now Barty is convinced I'm swooning after that prick of a Potter, and there's no convincing him otherwise. Barty thinks his opinions are always superior and you can't change his mind, the stubborn prat. Maybe he'll see sense one day, but not before he tells others people about it.

I slammed the dorm room door shut and unbuttoned my robes before getting ready for bed. I finished brushing my teeth, a little more violently than usual, and changing into pajamas before flopping down onto my bed and shutting the curtains around it.

Out of all the outrageous things Barty could think of...
But was it really that outrageous?
What on earth was I thinking now...
You were distracted by him. My mind stated.
And he wasn't doing anything to annoy you.
I tried to shut my own brain up before it continued. But then,
He is pretty hot, if your completely honest.
Oh now wai-
Wait was James hot?

I thought for a moment, only a moment, that as far as other guys go, I guess James had to be good looking. I mean there's always some girl simping after him, besides Lily. And he has a really contagious smile, and thick, untidy dark hair that falls in his eyes. Those eyes, a deep hazel that looked almost gold in the sun...
But I quickly shoved that thought out of my head.

I must be really tired...
So I buried my head under the covers and tried for some sleep.

811 words
Wow that was special

Yeah but like I hope you enjoyed!
Continue reading,
And imma continue writing. :p