James

~ A few days later ~

I woke up to the sound of Sirius snoring, a nice and peaceful way to wake up.
I poked my head out from under the covers, and felt the cold air hit my face.
It was so warm in my bed, with my thick blankets, the slightly chilly air hit colder than it really was, making me want to hide back under my blankets and hibernate for a few months.

After a few moments, I forced myself to crawl out of my blankets and look over at the clock on my nightstand.
It was currently 7:08, I usually woke around six to seven.
I noticed as I looked out through the window across the dorm, that it was unusually dark for the time.
It had been getting colder recently, the temperature dropping quickly, the clouds had been becoming thicker, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it had begun to snow.

Not wanting to leave the warm haven of my bed, I swung my legs out from under the covers and placed my feet on the floor.
The wooden floor was like ice to my feet, sending chills up my legs. I shivered, and decided to first find some socks.
I got up and walked over to the drawers I kept my clothes in, opening them and rummaging through their contents until I found a pair of socks. Quickly sliding them on my feet, and made my way over to the window on the other side of our dorm.

I reached it, and gazed out onto the grounds of hogwarts.
It was indeed snowing, and I watched as white flakes fell past the glass, collecting around the windowsill, fluffy snowflakes forming and falling gracefully from the clouds, dancing across the grey sky.

I could feel the cold radiating from the glass, and I touched it with my fingers, feeling the chill spread through my hand.
I don't know why I did it, I knew it was cold as fuck, I still did it anyway.
I hissed slightly at feeling.

It's like being outside, and deciding to stare at the sun, even though you know it's blinding.
You just gotta do it anyway. For fun.

My fingers quickly started to get so cold I could barely move them, so I drew my hand back.
I shoved them in my pockets, feeling warmth spread back into them, and I flexed them in my pockets, trying to warm them up faster.

I looked over at Sirius and Remus, who were both in Remus's bed. This is a normal sight in the morning, and the two can often be found thus.

I could see Remus's head protruding from the duvet, but all I could make of Sirius was the snoring, and the lump in the blankets.

I wondered how Remus could sleep through Sirius's snoring, but who knows. Maybe he wasn't actually asleep?

"Psst.. Remus.. you asleep?" I whispered in their direction.

Remus squinted his eyes at me, one at a time, looking up at me from the blankets.
"Sleeping through this racket? Are you mad?" He whispered back.

I laughed quietly in reply, careful not to wake Pete, who would most likely be asleep as well.

"It's snowing." I told Remus.

"So it is." He shrugged.

"And it's a weekend." I added.

"So your already planning something you and Sirius can do out in the snow." Remus concluded. "Knowing you two."

"Correct you are." I said, and indeed I was, currently thinking about what me and Sirius could do today out in the snow.
I was also thinking about Regulus, and if this could be his chance to come join us for once.
I told this to Remus. "Maybe Sirius will let Regulus come with us.."