Regulus

I shut my trunk, closing in it all the things I would need over the holidays. Clothes, toothbrush, socks, you get the idea.
The house elves would transport them onto the train, though I didn't know how. Then again house elves are capable of a lot of magic when they're told to do so.
I knew there were house elves in Hogwarts somewhere, though I never saw them. I wanted to know where they were, talk to them.
I liked house elves, they were just misunderstood sometimes.
One of the things that probably bothered me a lot back at home was the heads mounted on the wall, and having to pass them every day..

I shook my head. I didn't want to think about that.

I stood, glancing around our dorm to make sure I didn't leave anything before heading toward the door. I opened it and began walking down the stairs and into the Slytherin common room. I passed through the other students collecting their things, packing at last minute, and made my way over to the entrance, opening it and slipping out into the dungeon corridor.

Again, I wondered if this is where they kept Remus during the full moon. Locked in one of the dungeon cells. But I doubted it, the school wasn't that cruel. Were they?

I walked down the hallway, making it to the set of stairs and heading up those, emerging into the entrance hall where even were students mingled, waiting to start heading to the train.

I walked over to an empty spot in the corner of the great hall, and leaned against the wall there, waiting with all the others.

After a little while, the teachers began filing the students out of the castle, walking through the grounds and making it to the hogwarts express that would be leaving soon. I looked around, trying to find the other marauders, but I couldn't see them anywhere.

A few moments later, they showed up.
All four of them looked tired, but it was Remus that looked the worse. He seemed to be barely conscious, sometimes stumbling as he walked.
No wonder Sirius kept putting an arm around his waste to try and support him, though Remus would just try and shove him off.
I walked up to them, joining their group and walking beside James.
He smiled at me, though I could tell he was tired as well.

Had they stayed up all night? What was going on?

"Um, the train is about to leave." I told them. "Is Remus okay?" I asked tentatively.

Remus nodded weakly. "Fine." He muttered.

"He didn't get any sleep last night." Sirius explained, and he wasn't exactly lying.

"You sure you can walk to the train?" I insisted. I was genuinely concerned, though I don't necessarily know why. I've never really cared about anyone too much, at least not shown it, and me and Remus were friends, sure, though not very close. Not as close as he was to the other marauders.

"I'm fine. Really." Remus assured, and I could tell he hated being fussed over, so I shut up about it.

"You've packed everything?" James asked me.

I nodded in reply.
"Your toothbrush? Socks? A scarf?" He inquired.

"Yes mother, I've packed everything." I teased him.

"It's not just you, he interrogated us too." Sirius explained to me.

"I didn't interrogate you, I'm just making sure you haven't forgotten anything." James reasoned.

"Such a loving mother." Sirius said, looking at James with a loving expression.
"Really James, I didn't know you cared..."