James

One morning me and the other marauders were walking into the great hall, heading toward our table, when I looked over toward the Slytherins.
I do this a lot, so it's not uncommon.
It's hard not to, really.

My eyes scanned the Slytherin table, looking for one Slytherin in particular. But I didn't see Regulus anywhere, he must still be sleeping, or somewhere else entirely.

I wish I could be with him more, but it was hard to sometimes, with lessons and homework, and spending time with my friends.
If only I could hang out with Regulus and the Marauders as well. I wish we could all just get along, but Sirius and Regulus didn't. They had that whole family business going on.
Maybe I could convince them to try and get on good terms again?
Sirius told me they used to get along well, but that was a while ago, before I met Sirius.

I could try and think of something to tell Sirius, he may not like it at first, but I think he'd be okay with it.. maybe.

I thought about it, as I sat back down at the Gryffindor table and ate breakfast with everyone else.

* * *

Later, me and the Marauders where walking out into the grounds, for no apparent reason besides that it was nice weather and we wanted to spend our time outdoors.
Tonight was a full moon, meaning me, Peter and Sirius would be accompanying Remus when he transforms later that evening.

"Tonight," Sirius started, "Are we gonna try and find those unicorns we've been tracking?"

"What if I hurt them?" Remus countered.

"You won't." I promised.

"Your a gentle werewolf." Sirius nodded.

"I'm nothing of the sort. There's no such thing." Remus replied.

"What's the point of finding unicorns?" Peter asked.

"Exactly." Remus agreed.

"Cause, it's fun." Sirius told them. "Fun. Noun. Meaning, Enjoyment, Amusement, or lighthearted pleasure. Synonyms include; pleasure or entertainment. Y'know, the stuff you never do."

"Shut the hell up." Remus snapped.

"Make me." Sirius raised one eyebrow.

"Please don't quarrel, children." I teased them.

"Can't help it if Remus gets snappy during the full moons." Sirius shrugged.

"Doesn't mean you have to be rude back." Remus grumbled.

"You admit your cranky."

"Your idiocy doesn't help."

"Do y'all ever shut up?" Peter complained.

"For real." I agreed. "Y'all have been at it a lot recently."

"It's just the moon." Sirius explained.

"Or maybe I've finally cracked." Remus countered.

"Cracked? Of what?" I asked him.

"Maybe I've had enough of this lunatic and now I'm finally showing it." Remus said, pointing to Sirius.

"If you wanna break up, then just tell me." Sirius said, pretending to wipe away tears.

"Your so dramatic. No I'm not breaking up with you." Remus assured, rolling his eyes.

"Good." Sirius said.

Peter made a grumbling sound.

"Somethings wrong Pete?" I asked.

"Hm? No. Nothing. Nothings wrong." He stammered.

Yeah, something was wrong. I got the feeling Peter wasn't exactly... what's the word... supportive of Sirius and Remus's relationship, but thankfully he never said anything to them. I hoped it stayed that way.