James

I just wanted to add this song above cause for some reason it reminds me of Jegulus, like maybe how James sees Regulus.. also it's kinda how I imagine James would sound like if he sang. I know, call me weird ~

I glanced at the Marauders map, seeing that Regulus was in the Slytherin common room.
It was past curfew now, and so I waited for Regulus to start heading to the astronomy tower.
I decided to head there first though, and bring the map with me. Just in case one of the other Marauders decided to look at it.

I pocketed the map, glancing around our dorm room, making sure the others wouldn't notice me if I left.
Peter had already decided to go to sleep, his curtains were halfway drawn and I could hear him snoring softly.
Sirius was in Remus's bed with him, cuddling, both their figures just one lump under the covers. Though I knew they weren't asleep. I could hear them talking quietly, whispering to each other about who knows what.

If I opened the door quietly, the others wouldn't notice.
I snuck out of my bed, walked over to the door silently, and gently placed my hand on the handle, turning it slowly, making no sound.
I cracked open the door, wider, I slid through it, turning around and closing the door once more quietly.

I pulled out the map, checking it once more.
Sirius and Remus where still in the same spot, same with Peter.
My eyes glanced over the map, toward the Slytherin common room.
I saw Regulus, as he started leaving the dungeon corridor and headed for astronomy tower.
I tucked the map back into my pocket, and started heading down the steps.

I headed through the common room, passing very few students who paid me no attention, eventually sneaking out the portrait hole.

I glanced around furtively, making sure no one was near before making my way up steps and down corridors, turning around corners and heading up more stairs.

I had a plan, and idea more like, and I needed to share it with Regulus. That's why I had asked him to meet me tonight.
Besides the fact that I would share any and all of my ideas with him, I couldn't pull it off without Regulus's permission anyway, he would have to hear about it first.
And then of course, if Regulus was okay with it, then the other marauders would know.

I headed up one more flight of stairs, taking two steps at a time, and after a moment I reached the astronomy tower, coming to stand in the entry.
Glancing around quickly I saw no one was here. I had beaten Regulus to the astronomy tower.

Stepping further onto the tower, I leaned against one of the pillars, and stared out at the open sky.
I gazed at the stars, those little flecks of light, flickering like a silent melody, and it only reminded me of Regulus.
It was beautiful, like his face, if that wasn't cliche. Though I don't care. I'll think cliche things about him as long as their true.
Beautiful, mysterious in a way, elegant..
And I couldn't make anything of them, they were just flecks of light, placed randomly in that huge void, like a splatter of sparkling dust.
Though Regulus could easily make constellations out of billions of specks, and I don't understand how he did it so easily. I sucked at astronomy.
It was adorable though, to see him nerd over astronomy like he did.

I gazed at the sky for a moment, lost in my own thoughts, when I heard footsteps behind me.
Pulled out of my daydream, I turned around and faced the person who headed up the stairs.
Regulus stood in the entrance, his expression a mix between confusion and excitement. I think the word for that is simply curiosity though, but I didn't miss the slight excitement buried behind his eyes.

"Missed me?" I joked.

"I saw you this morning, Potter. Don't be stupid." He scoffed, though I saw him glance down, a nervous smile on his face.