Prologue

14 years ago

I remember my family moved to a new elementary school. They changed my school because it was closer to my father's office so she transferred.  I was quite shy and nervous due to transferring to a new school where she isn't familiar of anybody. I decided to hope for the best and step into school. Once I found my classroom the teacher had me introduce myself.

"Class this is Jang Wonyoung, starting today she will be your new classmate," the teacher said.

"H-hi I'm Wonyoung, I-I hope we c-can get along," I hesitantly said. Immediately I could tell I left a bad first impression on the girls simply they were looking jealous for some reason. 

"Great let's see," my teacher said. "How about you sit next to Kai? Kai please raise your hand." 

Suddenly a young boy near the back of the class raised his hand. He had dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and looked very cute. He smiled at me too and I nervously smiled back.

"Wonyoung go to your seat now," the teacher said.

"Yes Ms." I replied. I walked up to Kai and sat down next to him.

"Hi are you new around here?" he whispered.

"Yeah I am, so you're Kai?"

"Yep, I'm Huening Kai, but this call me Kai."

"Alright Kai," I said and smiled.

After class ended for lunch and I was walking to my locker when suddenly two girls slowly approached me and pushed me on the ground. "Ow what's the big idea?" I asked.

"You think you can just waltz in here and take Kai away just because you're pretty?!" a blonde girl asked.

"N-no I wasn't doing an-anything with h-him," I responded.

"Don't lie to us!" a brunette girl said and punched me in the face and I started to tear up almost about to cry.

"What's the matter? Is someone 'bout to cry?" the blond girl said attempting to taunt me.

"Hey stop!" I looked behind and saw Kai walking up to us. "And what do you think you're doing with Wonyoung?"

"N-nothing Kai, it's nothing," both of them said.

Kai looked at me getting my attention. "Wonyoung what happened?"

"I-I w-was *sniff* trying t-to find m-my locker *sniff* and they pushed me and started making fun of me," I responded. Kai became enraged and glared at the girls.

"LEAVE or I will get the principal on you!" he shouted causing a commotion for the other students as well. The two girls ran away scared of Kai while I put my head in his shirt and started crying.

"Thank you," I said while crying.

"It's alright now Wonyoung, it's okay." The rest of the day was only slightly better because Kai was there for me. After school both of our parents met while picking us up and that started our friendship with each other. We would often visit each other and play together. One memory from my childhood was when Kai took me to his favorite place. It was in the park and although it sounds basic, but he said that the sunsets in this park were more beautiful than other sunsets. During our elementary school years I developed a crush on him which has never gone away since.

6 year timeskip

We remained close friends throughout middle school and there I learned that Kai and his unnie tried auditioning for a company, but they unfortunately didn't pass. However in 2016 Kai was scouted by a BigHit employee who was formerly apart of the company he auditioned for and he began training under BigHit Entertainment. I of course was proud of my best friend's accomplishment. 

As for me in 2017, I was scouted by a Starship Entertainment member. It wasn't the best time because I was attending my unnie's middle school graduation and invited Kai to come along. Initially I wanted to decline because I wanted to be there for my unnie and I wasn't really planning on becoming an idol. Kai however encouraged the idea and told me to take this opportunity. 

Thanks to Kai, I was training under Starship Entertainment where I met Yujin, Gaeul, and LIZ. Later I became a contestant in Produce 48 which Kai always came in person to watch and cheered his heart out for me encouraging me to do my best and win. I ended up winning on the end and to top it all off, it was on my birthday. I remember Kai took me out for dinner after the show to celebrate my win. Of course we had to conceal our identities since I won Produce 48 and Kai was made known since his father was a well known singer.

Even with our trainee life on our shoulders, we still kept going to school and kept seeing each other on a regular basis. During high school we both debuted in our own respective groups, Tomorrow X Together and IZ*ONE. We debuted with "CROWN" and "La Vie en Rose" and both gained massive success. Both of our groups ended up winning best rookie group rewards.

"We're only one year into our career and we already made quite the accomplishment don't you think?" Kai said. We both were getting lunch together on a Saturday. "This is really a dream come true for me." I listened to Kai happyily, being an idol was working out for him. Music runs in the family for him. I hesitantly ate my food. "Wonyoungie are you okay?"

"H-huh? Yeah I'm fine Hyuka," I said back. "I'm quite happy."

Kai felt relieved when I said that. He does know there are some controversial topics going on with me and he's concerned. "So what are you gonna do now?" I asked Kai.

"I'm probably gonna go back to the company, didn't tell them I was leaving," he said scratching the back of his head.

"Of course you didn't." I said. It's been about three months since MMA 2019 and MAMA 2019 was coming in December so I knew his group were gonna be practicing their choreography. As for me I decided to also go back to company to get ready for MAMA. I put my mask back on and put on my headphones and while heading back I decided to listen to TXT's newest song: "Run Away." Their title track from their second album.

Okay this seems like a good place to end the prologue hope you enjoyed.