Chapter 5 Where everything goes Wrong (Huening Kai's POV)

It's been quite a bit since I last seen Wonyoung going from August to December. Of course I was busy with our new album we've been getting the songs done. The album was called "Minisode 2: Thursday's Child." We got the first two songs done as well as the choreography by now. After shooting the first two songs we had our break before starting the third song. This is a rare occasion that we are already kind of close to finishing an album because it's supposed to have to have five songs. It is the thirteenth of December and we've finished shooting for "Good Boy Gone Bad," our new title track. During my break, I looked out the window. I wonder how Wonyoung is doing.

"Kai, it is time to record for the next song," Yeonjun hyung said.

"I'll be right there!" I said. I walked up to the recording room and Taehyun was already inside singing his lines. "What's the song we're making now?"

"It's called 'Trust Fund Baby,'" Soobin hyung said. 

"Soobin's having difficulty recording his lines, but it's all good," Beomgyu said and smirked.

"Shut up Beomgyu!"

"How about you both stop fighting!" Yeonjun shouted. Beomgyu immediately shut his mouth and kept quiet. Yeonjun definitely gets very intimidating at times. I just sat on the couch, lost in thought. Reflecting back when I had dinner with the IVE members, Wonyoung and I accidentally kissed. Was it a coincidence? No definitely not, I felt on top of the world was it happened. I just don't know if she felt the same towards me. Am I good enough for her? 

"Hello? Kai?"

"Huh?" I looked up and Taehyun stood in front of me. 

"Come on you're last up!" he said.

"Everyone else went?"

"Yeah and you aren't feeling like your normal self, is everything all right?" Yeonjun hyung asked.

"Yeah just overthinking some things, heh heh," I said.

I walked into the studio and started singing my lines. This song kind of gave the vibe of a heart break and the thought made me stop halfway. "Huening?" the staff member from the other side of a window said.

"Sorry, kind of got lost in thought!" I attempted my line again and quickly finished without anymore issues. So back to what I was saying, my heart was sort of hurting when singing. Thinking of a heart break caused my heart to hurt. After I was done for the day I left for my dorm in the apartment without saying a word. Once inside I entered my room and locked the door close. I stared off into space for a couple of minutes. I starting thinking straight afterward and looked over to my left. There were pictures on the wall, most of them being from my childhood. Both Wonyoung and me during middle school, the time Wonyoung won Produce 48, and a selfie we took after we both debuted.

I didn't do anything for the rest of that week, but I did notice one thing. Beomgyu and Taehyun went out to meet up with Wonyoung on the 17th. I felt something hurt inside me and it made me feel jealous too. Why did she specifically want those two to meet with her? I wanted to follow them at first, but would something change if I was there? If I was there then maybe she couldn't talk about what she wanted to talked about. I decided that I was better than that. I still got dressed though instead of following them, I went shopping for something. 

It's difficult to find something she would like because she basically has nearly ANYTHING! Jewelry is kind of basic, getting a toy sounded childish coming from me and specifically me, and other things like food shouldn't even be a present. I ran around the city just trying to find something that would work, there I found a red hoodie. Now it may sound kind of basic, but what stands out for me is that it uses a couples shades of red, and Wonyoung really loves red. I really hope Wonyoung likes it, it wasn't easy to find a good gift for her.