Chapter 1 Meeting Up

2021

Kai's POV

Today was a busy day for us. Just two days ago we did our Music Bank performance for 0X1=LOVESONG and we won Music Bank too. Our group celebrated on our win yesterday and now we're working on our new song LO$ER=LOVER. We took turns recording with Yeonjun hyung currently inside the recording room singing his parts. We took turns from oldest to youngest so everyone else was going before me. When it was my turn, Beomgyu talked to me.

"Huening ah do your best," Beomgyu hyung said.

"Will do," I replied. "How did it go for you?"

"I'm satisfied with how my lines sound."

"Is it because you got to-"

"No and we have a clean version of it! Jeez."

"Okay chill," I said before going into the room. Once inside I wore the headphones and got up close to the microphone, before singing I was thinking about how Wonyoung was doing so after recording I decided to text her. Once I was ready I began singing. "Crying, crying, crying ijen jib-eochyeo! Love you! Love you! Love you no matter what I do!" I was singing loudly to capture the part of how this song is meant to feel. I began to catch my breath from putting what I've got into my first set of lines. I say run michin deus keuge us-eojwo nunmul-eun ije good bye, time to say. Run jeoldae dwidol-aboji ma du son-en hunnit bands I'm a loser! After finishing the recording and listening to the full song from inside I left the room and everybody gathered around me.

"Huening Kai, your vocals were beyond impressive today," Yeonjun hyung told me.

"They were?"

"Yes and we could even hear your voice from the recording room," Soobin hyung said.

"Oh you did?" I scratched my head and I was also flattered they could hear my vocals from outside even with the soundproof walls.

"They sounded incredibly powerful we can tell you put your heart into it!" Taehyun said. Usually Taehyun is the best vocalist out of all of us and to think I was on par with him.

"Alright well we have the music video shoot is in a few days so let's take a break," Beomgyu suggested. "Let's go grab a bite?"

"You guys can go I kinda have other plans," I said.

"Alright then we'll catch you later," Taehyun said. With that all of my hyungs left so now it was just me. I decided to text Wonyoung and ask how she is doing.

Huening Kai: Hey Wonyoung are you there?

I waited for answer for at least five minutes before she responded.

Wonyoung: Yeah I'm there, what's up Kai?

Huening Kai: I heard back in April that... IZ*ONE unfortunately disbanded. Sorry about that.

Wonyoung: It's okay I'm just happy to hear from you.

Huening Kai: No it's not, that was months ago and I was busy so I wasn't be there for you when you needed it!

Wonyoung: Kai please it will be alright.

Huening Kai: If you insist, so anyway do you want to meet up and talk about it?

Wonyoung: Where?

Huening Kai: Let's go get lunch in Seoul.