Chapter 34 Christmas Party

Wonyoung's POV

"Wonyoung! Here's your mint chocolate ice cream!" Hyuka said and gave me a my ice cream. 

"Thanks Hyuka!" I said. We're hanging out together three weeks after MAMA, it's been a full year now that IVE has debuted and we've been going strong. Right now we're in the shopping district and doing some shopping together. 

"So where do you wanna go next? Get some pizza? See a movie or-"

"Whoa slow down, let's just not plan ahead. I find it more fun when we do anything that isn't planned."

"If you say so Wonyoungie, so how are things?"

"They're going well although there's still plenty of hate coming our way."

"In the end of the day I guess there's people who have their preferences. I hope that doesn't bring you guys down though."

"I'm not perfect... Which is why I have to work harder next year!" I turned to Kai. "I'll practice hard with my vocals and dance then hopefully I can sing live well."

"I like your energy, no I've always loved that about you." Kai smiled at me and I found his words to be encouraging. 

"Cute..." I muttered. 

"What?"

"Nothing!"

We continued our little walk. None of us were really busy and Christmas was around the corner. Though TXT is preparing for their comeback on January next year, HYBE artists are quite busy for next year huh? I mean NEWJEANS, Le Sserrafim, and TXT have comebacks prepared for January 2023. As we walked, there were two fans who recognized us. 

"Excuse me, are you guys Huening Kai and Wonyoung?" they asked.

"Yes that's us," Kai said.

"Yeah, can we help you?" I asked.

"We're big fans! Can we have a photo with you?!"

"Sure we'd love to! Isn't that right Hyuka?" I said.

"Yeah if it makes your day then I'm fine with it!" Kai said. We huddled up together and gathered in for a selfie. "How is it?"

"Very good! You both are so cute together!"

"Thank you very much!" I said.

"Thank you! We just got to meet our favorite idols! We hope you both have a good date!"

"We will," Kai said. The two fans left and we resumed our date. This reminded me that through all the hate I receive, there were still people supporting me. I could just cry knowing that, interacting with fans like that has made me feel happy. We eventually arrived at the place Kai wanted to go to. It was the ramen restaurant from a year ago.