Chapter 6 After the Incident

Disclaimer before I start: I do not know the general area of Seoul so there's a chance I could get the locations wrong. Another thing I should mention is that each IVE member has their own room in their apartment. Anyways enjoy!

Wonyoung's POV

No no no... It wasn't supposed to go like this. If I had been paying attention not only would I have been safe, but Kai would also be. I broke into tears, for all I know my best friend could be dead. I immediately grabbed my phone and called 911 and they're sending an ambulance to get Kai. "Kai I'm too sad to even talk, but thank you. Thank you for saving my life." Blood was coming out of his head. After pushing me his head must've been vulnerable. Besides his head, his left arm wasn't looking too good either. The ambulance arrived 30 minutes after and rushed Kai to SNUH. They luckily let me tag along in the ride. Once we arrived to the hospital Kai was rushed to a room immediately. I took the time to call Yeonjun oppa.

"Oh hey Wonyoung, how are you both?" he said through the phone. I sighed while in tears.

"Not good, look I'll explain later, but go to SNUH hospital and bring everyone else," I sadly sad.

"Is everything all right!? What's the matter?!"

"Just come quickly please!" I said.

"Okay let me inform the others," Yeonjun said before hanging up the call. I sat down outside of the room Kai was taken to. The doctors cleaned his body of blood and wrapped bandages around his forehead and left arm. About an hour and a half later the rest of TXT arrived.

"All right we're here, what's wrong Wonyoung?" Beomgyu said.

"Okay... How do I explain this?" I said. I couldn't think straight though and my eyes can't stop tearing up. "S-so on o-our w-way back to m-my place, Kai j-jumped in front of a c-car to s-save me..."

"Kai... What?" Yeonjun hesitantly said.

"No you don't mean..." Soobin said.

"How could this happen?" Taehyun said.

"Our maknae, of all people... Why?.." Beomgyu said.

"Look guys I'm sorry! If I had been more careful then this wouldn't have happened! It's all my fault!"

"Wonyoung don't apologize, he stepped in to save you," Taehyun said.

"Yeah but..."

"Look we are upset and angry about what happened, but you weren't in control of this. Besides he wouldn't want us to be angry at you," Beomgyu replied.

"Look if it's a car that hit him then that person is responsible," Soobin said. Just then a doctor came out of Kai's room and sighed as he walked towards us.

"Are you Huening Kai's friends?" he asked.

"Yes we all are his friends," Yeonjun replied. 

"Where should I start? We don't know if he's gonna make it, he took a direct hit by the car."

"Please is there anything you can do?!" I said while still heartbroken.

"He is still breathing so there is a chance he lives through this."

"That's all?" Beomgyu and Taehyun said.

The man sighed. "Yes, we only just ran one test so we don't have too much information right now. It will take a bit."

"How long is a bit?!" Soobin asked.

"We can let you visit him starting tomorrow and possibly have good news by New Year's Eve."