Chapter 8 A New Start

Wonyoung's POV

It's now officially New Year's. After midnight, Yeonjun and I decided to meet up with everyone who went out for New Year's. Luckily Yeonjun had their location on his phone so we managed to find them. I think Yujin and Taehyun have a little affair going on though as they now seem much closer before. As for Rei, if she liked Beomgyu she would have to wait at least three years. That's the rules after all. We didn't stay too long though as it was of course late. Yeonjun gladly gave us a ride in his car which looking back... There were only five seats and Beomgyu got the short end of the stick and sat in the trunk.

Now it's the start of a new year. Rei and I are curious about Yujin's dynamic with Taehyun going on. We decided to just let it be their own thing first. Gaeul unnie cut her hair short for our next comeback. Liz had a better time communicating thanks to the middle child Beomgyu. Leeseo was very energetic and excited for the comeback that she's been practicing in dancing with Gaeul unnie. 

A week has passed now and I have to now record and do the MV for our new title track "Love Dive" and another track "ROYAL." We only partially recorded Love Dive since we only just got the lyrics today. When I recorded my lines I couldn't help but think, why is it hard to understand a heart or why is it so mysterious? Then love blooms in a instant. That was the case for me. This made me think about Kai who according to Soobin, is still asleep. I planned on visiting him again after I during the weekend.

I owe Rei a lot, she's been supporting me lately because of the situation and been helping me with my emotions. By the time we got a break Yujin, Rei, and I decided to go get lunch together in the Gangnam District. "So what do you guys want to talk about?" I asked.

"Allow me to start..." Rei said. "Yujin! What is it with you and Taehyun?"

"What kind of topic is that?" Yujin retaliated.

"Oh I'm curious too!" I said.

"The food's good," Yujin said as she took a bite of hers.

"Don't change the subject!" Rei shouted.

"Fine I'll tell you both! We're just really good friends," Yujin said.

"How did you become friends because when I first introduced you to TXT, you didn't seem all that close to Taehyun?" I asked.

"I-It was after you know we won with our title track, Secret Story of the Swan." I found it sweet how he gave me the flowers. At one point we did happen to run into each other two months after that, and that's how we became closer friends."

"I didn't think much about that interaction," I said. "I just thought Taehyun was just being kind."

"Let's change the subject, how is Kai?" Rei asked.

"Oh! I'm actually happy to bring that up! He will live."

"That's a relief, I wouldn't imagine TXT without their maknae," Rei said.

"So for how much longer is he asleep?" Yujin asked.

"He's asleep for at least one more week."

"It's gonna take awhile huh," Rei replied.

"Yeah, but once he wakes up I will finish what I wanted to say that night."

"How about we visit the hospital again?" Yujin said.

"Maybe some other time, the doctors said he can't have visitors right now."