Chapter 9 Who are You?

Wonyoung's POV

It's been two weeks now since the time I known Kai would live, by that time his arm has healed. I've waited almost the entirety of January and there wasn't a sign of him waking up. On my days off I'd visit him often either being alone or with friends. I've stayed a few full nights with him, and Gaeul unnie would often bring me dinner. I would be constantly talking to him and it felt weird knowing that he wouldn't respond to me. It made me feel introverted just sharing my thoughts outloud to someone who isn't even conscious. "Kai? You know, I really miss you. I keep thinking that I deserve to get hit by that car, but putting myself in your shoes would probably make you feel the same if it did happen to me."

Kai just keeps sleeping. I can hear him breathe, but he can't sense anything. I decided to stay for the night. I didn't have work tomorrow so I can just make sure Kai stays well. I moved my seat right in front of his bed and I fell asleep on one of the pillows. It wasn't the most uncomfortable way to sleep, but I can't just sleep next to him on the bed. 

When I woke up the next morning, I was met by two eyes looking directly towards me. I thought I was still half asleep, but as I adjusted my vision it was very real. Kai finally woke up. "Kai?" I asked.

"Who are you?" he said.

"K-Kai? You're k-kidding r-right? If this is a joke then it's not at all funny."

"Why are you calling me Kai!?" he asks rather nervously.

"That's your name! Huening Kai!" I shouted.

"M-My name? I don't remember my name, so my name is Huening Kai... Also where on earth am I?"

"... You're in the hospital... D-Don't you r-remember? Y-You got h-hit by a car."

"A car hit me?"

Just then, the doctor walks in. "Oh he's awake?"

"Yes, but I don't think he remembers a thing. He doesn't even know his name," I replied.

"As I feared, it appears your friend may have amnesia."

"Amnesia?..." Every part of joy in me turned into sorrow. Kai lost his memories. "E-Excuse me for a sec!" I said and ran out. In tears I picked up my phone and called Yeonjun oppa.

"Wonyoung? What do you need?" Yeonjun oppa asked.

"It's a-about Kai, bring everyone p-please!" I said.

"Are you okay Wonyoung? We'll be right there and we'll talk more later!" Yeonjun said and hung up. I called Gaeul unnie next.

"Unnie?" I reached out.

"Wonyoung? Everything okay?" Gaeul unnie asked.

"It's urgent, bring everybody to the hospital!"

"O-Okay, we'll see you there."

I hung up and returned to the room the doctor was leaving when I went back in and I was left with just Kai. "You again?" Kai said.

"Do you remember me?" I asked.

"No? We literally just met each other," he said confused.

"Kai!" I broke out in tears. "I-It's me, y-your best friend Wonyoung!"

"So your name is Wonyoung? That's a really nice name." He at least kept his sweet and kind personality.

"Do you know who you are?" I asked.