Chapter 20 Unfortunate Events

Wonyoung's POV

Since yesterday I couldn't stop thinking. Kai was referring to someone, judging by description it's not someone he knows in person. It's someone we both ran into. I recall back to August when I was almost attacked by a grown man. That was him, Kai ran into that same man. Now I'm beginning to think it's dangerous for Kai to go out into the big city of Seoul because not everyone is a friendly person and I'm worried about possible results too. I want to help him remember things though and going out and doing stuff is the only way.

The door knocked and Yujin opened the door. It was Taehyun and Beomgyu they came to visit us. "Hey guys it's been a bit," Beomgyu said.

"Nice of you boys to stop by," Yujin said.

"What are you doing here Taehyun oppa and Beomgyu oppa?" Leeseo asked.

"We have information and I think it's worth mentioning to Wonyoung," Taehyun said.

"Information about what?" I asked.

"... The accident," he said.

"... Go on Taehyun..."

"So the police were doing an investigation and we found the drivers identity, it's a guy named Lee Gyu" (I'm bad at coming up with names sorry). As of right now he's been hiding in the outskirts of Seoul and the police are forming a search team.

"Can you give me a picture of him?"

"Sure! Beomgyu?" Taehyun said and Beomgyu pulled out a photo of the man. My eyes widened, it's the exact person I ran into back in August.

"Wait, I ran into this guy in the supermarket!" Kai said. We all looked at him as he gives us all a confused look.

"Well that's unfortunate," I said.

"Well to be fair we are only now presenting this information," Beomgyu said.

"What are Yeonjun oppa and Soobin oppa doing?" Liz asked.

"They're actually helping with the investigation as the adults."

"Judging how Kai claims he's seen him. The guy definitely knows him and it's no longer safe for both of you to go out alone together," Rei said.

"But-"

"No buts Wonyoung! We have to prioritize you and Kai's safety!" Gaeul said. I looked down, I wanted to contradict this but I know they're right. I can't argue back at them.

"So that means we both need supervision..." I said.

"The bodyguards or us will escort you to places," Yujin said.

"Screw all of this!" I said and ran into my room.

Kai's POV

I watched Wonyoung storm off to her room and slam the door close. "She should understand now!" Yujin said and tried to walk over to Wonyoung's room, but Rei stopped her.

"Yujin don't, she needs time. The only reason she's been going outside was to try and help Kai and now she can't really do that," Rei said. Yujin managed to contain herself and stand down.

"So oppa and unnie can't go out alone together?" Leeseo asked.

"Yes... I know it sucks big time, but that just came down to a terrible coincidence," Beomgyu said.

"This hasn't gone public yet, it'll go public in like three days or so," Taehyun said finishing up the conversation.