Chapter 26 Alone with You

Kai's POV

Today's the day, we finally have our 2022 comeback on the ninth of May. I was feeling nervous since it's been awhile since our last comeback with LO$ER=LOVER. Remembering I'm doing this for MOA gave me encouragement to preform at my best. After we got our stage outfits it was time to go back onto the stage once more starting with Opening Sequence.

After that we had to change again to different outfits for Good Boy Gone Bad. The performance felt exhausting especially singing live while doing the choreography. One controversy we always have to prove wrong were lip sync allegations. How are these still around? We proved them wrong every single damn time we're accused of lip syncing and yet they can't deny the fact they're wrong.

We were done with the show and I went back stage to check my phone. Since we announced our world tour on April 26th I was expecting Wonyoung to ask questions. Not to my surprise she did text me asking me questions about the whole thing.

Wonyoung: Hyuka are you really touring in two months?

Kai: Wonyoung look I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, I was busy preparing for our comeback I didn't get to tell you.

Wonyoung: No you're misunderstanding it...

Kai: ???

Wonyoung: I think it's great for you guys! I mean this is a huge opportunity to tour around the world and see all of your international MOAs!

Kai: You're okay with this, we probably won't get to see each other for a few months?

Wonyoung: Of course, I'm happy for you by the way you're starting in Seoul right?

Kai: That's right we're finding a place to preform and everything, as well as booking flights to other countries. By the way that reminds me, our company wants to ask your company if you can appear at the stage to sing Lonely Boy with me.

Wonyoung: Of course I'd want to, but that's up to my company aw man...

Kai: Hopefully they say yes.

Wonyoung: Are you busy right now?

Kai: Not at the moment? Something wrong?

Wonyoung: Can I swing by your place?

Kai: Sure but it might take long for me to come back to my dorm.

My manager drove me back to the dorm, now there was a hell of a lot of traffic on the way back so it a whole hour just to reach the dorm. Once they I found Wonyoung who was in the hallway looking down at her phone. This was the perfect moment to surprise her. I quietly walked along the hallway making sure not to make a noise and once I was right in front of her it was time. I tapped her on the forehead. Wonyoung then immediately looked up.

"Boo!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHH!" she screamed.

"I got you!"

"Pabo Hyuka! Pabo pabo pabo!" She started hitting me for scaring her.

"Sorry sorry I just saw the opportunity right there."

"I hate you," she said and pouted.

"Love you too, wanna go inside?" I asked knowing she was only joking when she said she hated me because we could never actually hate each other.

"Yeah you did keep me waiting because you said you were stuck in traffic."

We went inside the dorm, it was only us because Yeonjun hyung had to do the MC after the performance, Soobin hyung went to the company, Beomgyu had a photoshoot, and I have no idea what Taehyun is doing. "So are you hungry Wonyoungie? I did leave you waiting for an hour."

"Do you have any beef?" Wonyoung asked.

"We do... But you do realize none of us can cook right?" I asked.

Wonyoung's POV

"... Right... Do we have anything else that we can just microwave or something??" I asked.

"No... We can order delivery though," Kai said.

"Can't we ask Taehyun for help? He's a great cook."

"About that... He does not want to help me cook..."

"Why not?"

"Watch Taehyun's Restaurant Nightmares, you would understand then..."

"Did you burn-"

"Enough talk I'll call for a delivery, what do you wanna do?"

"Maybe let's kill some time by playing video games?"

"Alright which game do you want?"

"This one!" I picked up Kirby and the Forgotten Land because Kirby is cute.

"Good choice, I haven't tried it yet either."

"I want to be Kirby you be player two!"

"Alright alright I'm fine with Bandana Dee I guess." We killed some time playing games with each other while waiting for our food to arrive. It wasn't really that eventful though we did beat the first three area before our food arrived. We had steak, pasta, shrimp, and dumplings. Thank god we ordered food instead of trying to cook.

I decided to look at the internet and fans are incredibly happy with the Thursday's Child album. There were some mixed opinions on Good Boy Gone Bad, but every other track was well received especially Lonely Boy which fans really liked the collab we did. "What's that you're looking at?" Kai asked.

"Netizens thoughts on the new album. They really love Lonely Boy."

"Well I guess you're getting a lot of positive feedback over hate for once." Kai proceeded to show me on his phone. The article said that I was getting a lot of love for collaborating with Huening Kai. "This is great it'll help build a much more positive reputation for you!" Kai then grabbed both of my hands and pulled me in for a hug.

"Yeah, it feels nice for a change." I started to tear up in joy. It's not every day where there's little hate, I can truly feel happy with my life right now. I have an amazing career, supportive friends, and a kind, thoughtful, and loyal boyfriend. Kai comforted me knowing too well about what I've gone through these last four years.

"It's uphill from here and it will stay like that," he said. Kai started stroking my hair to make me feel more comfortable. "Want to watch something?"

"Sure, it better not be a horror movie though." Kai turned on the TV and it was just playing a random drama I have no clue, Kai also found a beanbag chair for both of us to sit together on along with a blanket. We huddled together and put the blanket over ourselves and watched the show we were watching. Two hours in we were still watching the same show, I was beginning to grow drowsy when I looked over to my left and saw that Kai was already fast asleep. "You must've been tired after your comeback show." I yawned and slowly fell asleep next to him.

________________________________________________________________________________