Chapter 23 Confrontation

Wonyoung's POV

I ended up in an empty alleyway.  There was nobody around except me and Lee Gyu. "What do you want from me?" I asked. I genuinely felt scared to see him again. There wasn't an easy way out, if I tried to leave who knows what he's gonna do with me.

"You are the reason I'm now wanted by the police and I'm not getting arrested by the police before I kill the person responsible for this."

"You already tried to kill me! Kai only tried to save me from you!" I said while slowly backing to a wall.

"Take the mask off," he said.

"No!"

"Nobody is here to see! Do it!" Gyu said and pulled out a knife.

"F-Fine..." I said clearly scared for my life. I took my mask off and his eyes widened.

"No way... Jang Wonyoung. Not only do I get to see the person who's the reason why I'm wanted, but also the person I hate most. Now you're backed into a corner."

"You're not gonna get away with this..."

"Oh I know that, but it would make me happy to kill you!"

"W-Why do you want to kill me so bad?"

"I'm a hater and I've hated you since Produce 48."

"That's three years ago though!"

"Yeah, you shouldn't have competed. You were at such a young age. Somehow you managed to win the whole thing!"

"That wasn't in my control!" I shouted.

"Who cares when something controversial happens it's usually the idols getting bashed right?"

"You're insane!"

"Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you so much for staying alive for this moment!" he said as he gripped his knife tightly. Is this really the end for me?

"Hey stop right there!" I heard a voice call out.

"Who's there!?" Gyu shouted. From the darkness Kai walks slowly towards us.

"What are you doing with Wonyoung?" Kai asked.

"Oh we meet again Huening Kai."

"Lee Gyu why do you want to kill my friend?!"

"It's because of all of her undeserving achievements, you wouldn't understand since you've been supporting her!"

"You better leave her alone or else..."

"Do you even remember when you stepped in to save her from a car?"

"No I don't, what are you getting at?"

"Has she done anything for you?" Gyu asked. He seems to be aware that he has amnesia and is taking advantage of it.

"... That's hard to answer," Kai said.

"Kai don't let him get in your head, he's trying to manipulate you!" I said.

"Yeah I know. Hey Lee Gyu! If I beat you here you leave her alone. If you beat me, you can kill us both."

"Kai what are you-" I asked.

"I have to protect you Wonyoung! Listen, running off was a stupid idea but it won't make us hate you!"

"You're on then Huening," Gyu said. Kai prepared a fist while Gyu drawed his knife. "It's stupid to ask for a fight then you're unarmed." Gyu made the first move as he charged in with his knife. Kai dodged as he delivers a punch to the face. "Ouch lucky move!"