Chapter 35 The Promise

Kai's POV

Three days passed since the Christmas party, I was feeling like a couch potato ever since the party. I guess my body is still tired from all of the partying we did and I did nothing around the dorm except lie down on my bed. New Year's Eve is coming and I wanted to plan something out this time for Wonyoung. She went out her way last to confess to me last year, even if it didn't go as planned. I didn't want to remember last New Year's Eve for what happened to me, I wanted to remember it for all the things she had done for me.

It was always her. Even if it meant I wouldn't regain my memories she was still my closest friend. I felt completely helpless in that situation. I had forgotten everything even the feeling of love. I don't ever want to experience that again. Ever since I met her I've only ever had eyes for her, I told myself that unless she didn't love me back I will never fall in love with anybody else until I ask her to be my girlfriend.

I want to her to know that I've appreciated everything she's done for me so it's fair that I plan out something for her. This isn't the simplest thing I can do, thankfully I had time to plan this out. I carefully considered what she would like. She likes a lot of things, but I know she likes food. A restaurant would perfectly compliment that, it would need to not be the same one she took me to. She really enjoys nature, a walk along the park would go nicely and it doesn't usually feel old because it's good to get some air. 

I began to book a place to have dinner at first. I decided to choose a restaurant that I've never been to before and would hopefully capture her heart as well. I was lucky enough to still be able to get a spot before New Year's Eve began. Next thing I did was order fireworks, this wasn't something I believe Wonyoung did and I think it'd be nice for her to light fireworks. I just need a place to go to light this bad boy up. I don't want to risk getting lost in the crowd so I decided to not see the countdown or the fireworks, simply put I would have my own. Where would I light the fireworks was my concern, I would need to figure that out later. I decided to go to the HYBE building, that's where the others should be I think.

Upon arriving to the building, the staff told me that Yeonjun is helping with creating Temptation while the others weren't present in the building at all. Learning this I knew I had to go check on him and see how he's doing. After an elevator trip up, I arrived at the studio Yeonjun is working in. "Hey hyung," I said getting his attention.

"Oh Huening-ah what's up?" Yeonjun hyung asked.

"I wanted to check on you, I brought this!" I tossed him a water bottle to which he caught.

"Thanks, it's best to stay hydrated."

"What are you doing right now?"

"I'm creating the melody for one of our B-side tracks in this album."

"That's so cool! How is it going?" I asked clearly interested.

"It's going efficiently for the most part," he said.

"Yeonjun hyung, do you know a good place to light fireworks?"

"Fireworks? What are you using them for?"

"Once it becomes New Year I want to light some with Wonyoungie."

"You better not cause a fire."

"Ya! I won't start a wildfire!" I shouted.

"Maybe the ideal place is closer than you think Kai," Yeonjun hyung said.

"Closer than I think?"

"I'll let you figure that out now if you don't mind... Please leave I'm very busy as you can see."