Chapter 19 This Uncanny Feeling

Kai's POV

I woke up this morning on the side of Wonyoung's bed. Today was the 15th of March, nothing really eventful happened except White Day and my body still feels tired from yesterday. I looked over the pillow in the middle and Wonyoung was still fast asleep. I decided to get up from bed and quietly leave her room. As I walked into the living room, nobody was awake yet so I grabbed a box of cereal to eat. I ate my bowl of cereal slowly, thinking if Wonyoung has any plans for today in which she wants to involve me with. Once I finished, I placed in down on the sink and got seated on the couch.

I was about to begin watching TV when suddenly my mind went blank. I opened my eyes to seemingly a dark room. "What is this?! Where am I?!" I asked. Nobody was answering, not like anybody was even where I am right now.

"Sit on the chair." I heard a voice call out to me.

"Huh? Who's there!?"

"Nobody, I'm just a voice you can hear," they said. Either I'm going crazy or I'm hearing my own voice talk to me. I got myself seated on a chair that was just conveniently present. Once I got seated, a screen popped up and it was like a panorama when I looked at it.

"What's this?" I asked.

"These are your memories," the voice said. The panorama then rewind back to a certain particular memory of mine. 

"When was this?"

"This is one of our memories with Wonyoung before the car hit us. It was back in August when you and her met up." The panorama contained not only me and Wonyoung, but some man I can't help but feel like I've seen him elsewhere.

"What happened?"

"Wonyoung was about to get assaulted, but we saved her. Don't you remember??"

"N-No I don't..." I said.

"I figured, after all I have amnesia," the voice said.

"Who are you!? And why did you refer to yourself?" I asked. Just then I heard I footsteps coming my way, I turned around to see who it was and I stood there dumbfounded. "You're..."

"Yes I know, I'm also you," he said. There were two of us in here right now, we were the exact same. What was all this?

"What's the point of this?"

"Listen you need to remember! Everything before the crash!" the other Kai shouted. He played another memory. This time the panorama showed me pushing Wonyoung out of harm's way before getting hit by a car. "That's where everything went blank and now I'm here..."

"Wait so what am I??? Am I a fake?"

"No we're still the same person, the rest of my memories are locked away and I'm unable to get them."

"How do we get them back?"

"Something emotional, that will help trigger the rest of my memories back and we'll both remember!"

"This is so much to take in..."

"Yeah look I know this is hard to comprehend, but Wonyoung needs us! Our best friend wants us back! I can tell whenever she feels upset even if she hides it! You both spend time together and try to remember things while making new memories that she and I can enjoy."

"Wait go back to the panorama!" I said.

"Sure thing... Me," the other me said.

"I feel like the person in the car is someone I've seen before."

"You're right, he's the same person. This wasn't an accidental crash. It was intentional."

"So he tried to run her over and I stepped in..."

"Look I don't have much longer. Not only does she need us, but all of our friends too. We have a comeback in May and we're slowly running out of time. Good luck, you'll most likely need it."

"Wait!" I said and my mind went blank again. As I opened my eyes Wonyoung was directly at my face.

"Hey are you there Kai?" she asked.

"... Wonyoung what are you doing?"

"You were spacing out so I was making sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine thanks... So what are we doing today?"

"I'm gonna go buy some food, wanna come?"

"Sure let me get dressed first," I said. I went back into Wonyoung's room and changed into my clothes and Wonyoung waited for me in the living room. "Alright I'm ready!"

"Let's go," she said as we put our masks on.

We traveled to the city and I'm still a little bit off. I feel like when I supposedly spaced out, I drew some blanks in my memory. Like there is something I feel like I remember, but I can't even come to understand it. We walked around the city for a bit until we arrived at a supermarket. Wonyoung pulled out a list and ripped part of it off. 

"Here you look for the things on that part of the list, I'll do the same," Wonyoung said and ran off.

"Great she left me to do my own thing..." I said. "Might as well get the fruit." I made my way over to the fresh produce. I took a look at the list Wonyoung made, it consisted of apples, grapes, and lemons. I got some apples and a few lemons. As I was about to grab a bag of grapes. Someone else's hand also reached for the same bag. We looked at each other for a brief moment and something didn't feel right. I swear this man feels familiar, but from where? On the other hand, that man looks at me with big eyes and if he's trying to intimidate me it's working.

"Sorry sir!" I said and got a different bag of grapes and put it in the bag. I was about to leave, but I was stopped by this man.

"Hey do I know you from somewhere?" he asked. Shit he's onto me, does he know me? I'm getting a bad feeling about him. 

"I don't think so, I don't think we've met." I was hoping he wouldn't too much about it as I left. I left to look for Wonyoung who I found in the seafood isle not too long after.

"Hyuka!" she said and waved. I approached her with the bag in my hands. "Did you get the fruit?" I nodded, I was still thinking about the man I just saw. "Hey are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"It's nothing, let's just finish up here and leave." We got the rest of the stuff we needed and proceeded to check them out. "Wonyoung..."

"Yes Kai?"

"I ran into this man, and I'm drawing blanks but I'm getting a feeling I know him..."

"Maybe a relative?" 

"No, he looked nothing like me but I swear I've seen him before."

"Here we'll talk about it later okay?" she said and started thinking before her eyes widened. I have the feeling she knows something I don't.

________________________________________________________________________________