Chapter 7 New Year's

Wonyoung's POV

It is now morning on the 31st of December. Back on the 29th when we let Beomgyu hang out with us, Beomgyu is just as chaotic and hilarious as I remember. Everyone finds it a bit annoying at first, but Rei found it quite funny. Yujin came back later with Taehyun and seems that they also went shopping judging by the bag Yujin was carrying too. Yujin then invited Taehyun to come inside her room not coming out until we all had dinner. After that the two boys left our apartment.

Now going back to today it's New Years Eve. I should be expecting whether or not he pushes through or not. Though I'm hoping for the best, I'm also preparing for the worst. If I don't get the ideal outcome of it... Then I'll really have to say goodbye... To my best friend.

Gaeul, Liz, and Leeseo decided to stay inside and wait the show for when it turns midnight, starting 2022. As for Yujin and Rei, they decided to watch the fireworks show with Taehyun and Beomgyu. I'm pretty sure Soobin is also gonna watch the show. I'm not sure about Yeonjun though, I asked the other guys and they said that Yeonjun wasn't gonna go with them. Yujin and Rei left at noon to meet up with Beomgyu and Taehyun. Gaeul unnie made us all hot chocolate to drink and it was very good. After a few hours I decided to go out of the apartment and visit Kai.

Being outside was cruel. It's cold, it's almost dark, and who knows a stalker fan could be following me. Luckily I have my mask and hoodie, specifically the one Kai got me. A security guard drove me to the hospital because otherwise it would take way too long. I arrived at the hospital by six and I went up to Kai's room. In there I saw Yeonjun oppa sitting beside him looking at him. I approached Yeonjun oppa and he immediately took notice of me.

"Oh hey, you wanted to visit him too?" Yeonjun oppa asked.

"Yeah, it didn't feel right to not spend New Year's Eve without him," I said. "What about you Yeonjun oppa? You for sure wouldn't have any reason to see him."

"I wanted to be there for him. Not because he's my friend, but he's like a younger brother to me. I never met someone as pure as him you know? You made friends with a very good person Wonyoung. I know he would be happy if I were here with him too."

"Why?"

"He gave me a video message on my birthday. He told me that he thinks I'm the coolest person he's met and it left a heartfelt impact on me. I wanted to be there for him when he needs it."

"Speaking of which do you have siblings oppa?" I asked and I heard him chuckle.

"That's funny I actually don't. I always wanted one because I often felt bored and lonely, now I have four younger brothers who feel like family."

"And Kai is the maknae."

"Right."

Just then the doctor walked in with papers. This was it, the results determine Kai's fate.

"So what are the results?" I asked.

"Choi Yeonjun and Jang Wonyoung, I'm happy to say that Huening Kai is alive. His heart rate is improving so he will live," he said.

"Oh my gosh, yes!" I screamed and cried tears of joy while Yeonjun oppa comforted me.

"Doctor, how long will he remain asleep?" Yeonjun asked.

"I'm estimating he should wake up in at least a week."

"Great! Thanks doc."

"No probblem, be sure to share the good news with your friends." The doctor then left the room leaving the room with just me, Yeonjun, and the sleeping Kai.

"That's good news that he will live the crash Wonyoung," Yeonjun said.

"Yes, I couldn't be more happy!" I said. "Unfortunately I will have to wait if I want to be able to hear from him." Yeonjun laid back on his chair while I stood next to Kai.

"Yeonjun just to pass the time what would you do if Kai didn't wake up before your comeback?" I asked.

Yeonjun sighed. "We would probably have to continue as a four person group until he wakes up. You know, our last track in our new album was supposed have Soobin, Beomgyu, and Taehyun singing, but now the company is giving me lines in that song too?"

"Wait then who's singing with Kai? And what's the song?!" I asked in confusion.

"That would be you," he said.

"What are you talking about, you have me confused?" 

"Do you recall singing with Kai?"

My eyes widened, Yeonjun must've talked about the song to his company. "You mean they?"

"Yeah I told them about it and they accepted it so we have another collab this time with you."

I couldn't believe it, Yeonjun explained that he had recorded the whole thing and showed it to the company. The company said that it would it sounded amazing, just like what I said. So now they are planning to have Kai and I to record this song for the May 2022 comeback. You know what? I don't care anymore about what the public would think! I don't care if they'd like it or not I want to be with him!

"So let's just enjoy New Year's in here, who knows maybe we can learn more about each other," Yeonjun said.

"Yeonjun oppa, how does it feel to be praised as the 4th Gen IT Boy?"

"It's a great honor to have a nickname that fans will know you as. Which for me is both BLT and the 4th Gen IT Boy. Those titles don't just come to anyone, you work hard for them no matter how you're viewed by the public." I found this inspiring coming from him as the 4th Gen IT Girl.

"How were you casted?" I asked.

"It was just a normal day honestly, but someone did reach out to me on social media. Afterwards I went on a subway and a lady approached me and asked if I was in an agency. I was not and she gave me her calling card. She was another Big Hit employee so I been scouted by two different people. Curious I decided to come and now I wouldn't be here without them. What about you?"

"I remember Kai and I were going to my older sister's graduation. I was hesitant about the offer, but Kai encouraged the idea. I only got a year of training which is fairly short. There are many differences between us you know? When fans compare us IT idols, I have significantly less experience than you."

"I get that. It's like comparing previous generations."

"Thanks Yeonjun oppa, now I get why Kai is always so very fond of you. You kind of give off the first impression of a very intimidating person, but you're a kind person when people get to know you. Now I felt like I got a heavy burden out of my mind."

"Glad I could help, now how about we just enjoy New Year's." Yeonjun then approached Kai. "Don't worry my dongsaeng, you'll be fine soon." Yeonjun oppa and I then sat down near the window and after a couple of hours, we saw the fireworks go off as we kick off the new year.

________________________________________________________________________________

That's a wrap. Hope you've enjoyed. I've been having fun making this and I'm glad you could be apart of it. Thanks again and bye. Sorry if it took a bit.