That's the Power of Transfiguration

The smell of the spell was similar to something Asherra smelt as a baby in her Father's arms.

Deep in the woods of Elvira ream, a red tomato haired elleth female word for elf, Palladium's sister in a green traveling forest tunic that let her hop from tree to tree or run across the ground without making any noise. She heard a a huge snatling grunting roar.

She took out her daggers silver and curved in the shape of a crescent moon she twirled them the way a weatern cowboy twirls their pistols, . And she turnt swiftly the left knife went into the shoulder of a grey being . Humanoid in appearance but the ears were no longer visible as were the facial features. She stepped onto his hand and took her corrupted boot off and flung it at the third gray two legged villain with hair. It sent him crashing to the ground. Wiping her knives clean of dripping blood against the leather of her victimns she put her knives away and took the bow off her shoulders and set an arrow into position. "Aflamaré arrow."

She whispered the spell the tip of her arrow caught with fire. She heard the crying of a foulish bird. She fired her shot. She heard its death scream.

"Cremlin crows. Nasty birds." She mumbled. She went to the river to wash the filth from her boot.

"These poor poor hideous beings once had been the most handsome warriors of our Kingdom. I hate killing my own people. But I am a Captain of the Silverbirch district I have to protect my people but being cursed by the curse of the Shadow Moubtain Queen. She wants destroy the last elvish place there is. There are still remnants of it left on Earth in the human world but nothing anywhere else. Mercy stood at 6 feet.

She put back on her boot.

"My co captain look out!" A masculine voice shouted. "More orcs."

"Orcs," The three things she just slaughtered were orcs known far and wide across many storybooks but forgotten was their origin story by all except herself. There was only one wizard responsible for this accursed race and he was long dead and so it could no longer be cured. He was also responsible Arachnid Nightmaris Deathicus those giant black spiders that eatsuck human blood in the modern day movies. The spiders no longer had masters but the orcs bred like humans and elves and had mates and those couples had dark twisted children raised in their families under their rooves. An advanced transfiguration spell could change an entire elf's DNA makeup and make them turn into heartless monsters.  Her husband went with a scouting team into the caverns of Shadow Mountain and he did not return quite himself. The others of his team had not returned at all. She assumed greed took their souls. She had been right. She ran up to the Captain of her neighboring district's guard.

"Starrough, what happened?"

"More orcs, they ambushed my team they both enough time for me to come warn you but when I got here your cabin door was left wide open. And you never do thar, Captain Mercy."

The earth cooed to her she bent down put her ears to the very soil and it spoke to her.

"Earth release and reveal."

An odd scene something grey protecting her daughter from the other beings in the room. She ran up to Asherra's room. The girl sound asleep in the cradle her eyes open a tad bit. The girl could never quite close them whenever she slept so she saw everything.

"Asherra, my seedling." Mercy cooed.

"Dadda." The baby girl cried she woke up at the sound of her mommy's voice. Her hand waved towards the bathroom door which was closed and the water was running. There was specific grunting from behind the door.

"No elf flesh here let's grab the child and go!" Deeper grunting voices echoed from upstairs. Mercy stepped onto an endtable and when they came down the stars she did a flip onto the stairs behind them pulling her out her knives she killed both of them in one swift movement that was silent, sneaky and stealthy.