SEASON FOUR TRAILER

The first shot of the trailer open to wreckage

The first shot of the trailer open to wreckage. Pieces of metal torn apart, scattered around, and on fire. The camera pans from the wreckage of the Russian device over towards a glowing crack in the wall, which seems to be emitting light, almost as if something is living and breathing inside of it.

"You've broken everything."

The scene changes to an old grandfather clock. An item that looks strangely out of place in it's setting of an attic of a boarded up old house, it looks as if it was placed there for some reason. The clock ticks slowly and on beat as its hands near towards the twelve at the top, signaling the end of the day.

"You're suffering is almost...at an end."

Two white, souls eyes open, as if someone or something has been awakened after a long time.

The scene then cuts to Max Mayfield, who is sitting in a graveyard. She seems to be holding a piece of paper in her hands, a letter, and you can just slightly see on her wrist is a collection of colored strings forming a bracelet.

The grave in front of her reads:
Billy Hargrove
Gone But Not Forgotten

Max opens the letter and begins reading, a somber and unsure tone in her voice, "Dear Billy, I don't know if you can even hear this."

The shot changes to an overhead of the Hawkins County Mobile Home Park, where there is a crowd of people separated by yellow police tape. Many officers and sirens flood the area and we can see a body bag being rolled into an ambulance, a sign that something terrible has happened here.

"Ever since you left, everything is a total disaster."

We cut to what seems to be a pep rally taking place in Hawkins' High School Gym. There are cheerleaders doing stunts and jumps, and a multitude of cheering students in the crowd. Among those students sit Dustin and Mike, who seem somewhat upset. They watch as Lucas runs onto the gym floor with the basketball players.

"For a while we tried to be happy."

We cut to Will, Teddy, and El walking the halls of a different high school. A new one, in California. El waves excitedly at some girls who give her an annoyed look before whispering to one another causing El to frown. Will looks from her to Teddy who is staring straight ahead, a far away look in her eyes.

"Normal."

In the next shot we see Teddy running up to the mailbox, opening it eagerly with a smile on her face. As she realizes that the holder is empty her smile falls and she quickly slams the door to the mailbox shut.