036| BE BRAVE

July 4, 198514:37Hopper's Cabin

July 4, 1985
14:37
Hopper's Cabin

Teddy stared into the void. The darkness surrounding her as she walked across the water, looking for a sign of something, something, anything.

But all she saw was darkness.

Her fingers curled against her black suspenders that were attached to her black jean shorts. She hated this. She felt useless. Like there was nothing she could do.

She felt powerless.

El watched worried eyes as she looked at her sister who had been sitting in the same position since early this morning before everyone had come over. Her brown eyes drifted to the photos in front of the blindfolded girl of those who had been flayed.

Eleven opened her mouth to say something, to beg Teddy to rest or eat something, or just take a second but she shut it firmly. She had tried that multiple times before which had only resulted in Teddy shaking her head and continuing her search.

She knew her sister was strong. The strongest person she knew.

But hours upon hours in the void with the static from the walkman going, she knew she was pushing her limits. Just like Papa has used to.

El ran her hand through her short hair, sending one last glance at the girl on the floor before she stood up, silently exiting the room.

As she closed the door quietly behind her, Max, Mike, Will, and Lucas all looked up at her hopefully, though the look faded when El shook her head, signaling that Teddy had yet to find anything.

"That can't be good for her." Mike stood from the couch, turning to face the door to Teddy's room, "What if she gets brain damage or something?"

"Oh, shit." Lucas looked up from the bag of chips he was eating, "Can that happen?"

"No, it can't." Max narrowed her eyes at the Wheeler boy, "Mike doesn't know what he's talking about?"

"And you do?" Mike sighed as he turned to face the taller Hopper sister, a worried look etched onto his face, "Can you please just talk to her, El?"

Eleven shrugged her shoulders, taking a glance at the closed door, "I tried, Mike." She knew that Mike was just concerned, El was worried about her sister too, of course she was. 

Max crossed her arms over her chest, her braids flying, "God, Mike. What is it gonna take you to accept that Jodie knows what she is doing?"