041| THE HOPPERS

July 4, 198522:07Starcourt Mall

July 4, 1985
22:07
Starcourt Mall

Ten sat on the side of the fountain in the middle of Starcourt Mall. She was leaning up against her dad, while she had her legs thrown across her sister as she snacked on a hot dog that Mike had fetched for her.

"So, the thing that hurt Teddy and wants to kill her and El, is the Mind Flayer?" Hopper asked, glancing down at his two tired daughters.

Mike shook his head, "Yes, and no. It is the Mind Flayer in like a gross human form but it wants to takeover Teddy, get her on its side and then kill El and everyone else."

Nancy nodded, "A part of it was in Teddy's side but the whole thing is huge. At least thirty feet."

"Yeah, it also destroyed your cabin...sorry." Lucas added from where he sat on a bench, his hands toying with his wrist rocket.

"Okay," Everyone turned to where the bloodied Steve was standing next to Robin,"so, just to be clear...this monster that wants to take Jo and kill El is like a gigantic weapon? Except of screws and metal it's made up of melted down people?"

"Yes, exactly." Nancy nodded, making it sound like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Okay, yeah, just checking."

The ice cream girl spoke up from where she was lying across a bench, "And the person leading the charge, is Billy Hargrove? The douchebag?" She cast an apologetic glance over to where Max sat.

Mike nodded, "Yeah, that's him. Who we also found out it Teddy's brother."

Hopper looked down at the girl next to him, "Is that true?"

Teddy nodded, hotdog in hand as she thought back to seeing into Billy's memories, "Yes."

"Okay, family members aside," Joyce spoke up from where she was running a hand through Eleven's hair, "Are we sure this thing is still out there, still alive?"

Max nodded, her arms crossed over her chest as she sat by Lucas and Will, "El and Teddy beat the shit out of it, but, yeah, it's still alive."

"But if we close the gate-" Will started.

"And cut the brain off from the body-"

"We kill it." Lucas added in before shrugging, "Theoretically."

"Woo-hoo!" Everyone's eyes quickly turned to see the man that Teddy now knew as Murray rush in with a bunch of papers in his hands, his arms flailing widely, "You're gonna wanna see this!"