042| POWERLESS

July 4, 198522:45Starcourt Mall

July 4, 1985
22:45
Starcourt Mall

It was only a few steps into the plan and things were already off to a bad start.

Team Griswold Family was supposed to head to Murray's Bunker out in Illinois to keep Ten and Eleven safe while Team Bald Eagle infiltrated the Russian Base and closed the Gate while being navigated by The Scoops Troop from Cerebro.

After trying to escape the mall the Griswold Family had quickly learned that their ignition cable was missing due to Billy Hargrove, who was now prowling the mall parking lot, forcing them to stay where they are.

So know they were all back where they started, everyone running around trying to grab weapons and prepare for what was to come.

Teddy's eyes scanned over Mike as she watched him try and contact Dustin via the SuperComm though his attempts weren't working. The girl looked away from the Wheeler boy, quickly grabbing the American Flag blindfold from her back pocket, casting a glance up at her sister who sat across from her.

"I'll find him." Teddy mumbled, not waiting for El to answer before she threw the blindfold over her eyes, tying it back against her hair.

She was still exhausted from fighting the monster in the cabin and the bite on her side, but she had to do this. She had found Dustin lots of times in the Void, this would be easy.

A low buzzing filled her ears, though Teddy ignored it, her muscles tensing as she tried to make her way into the Void. Her hands clenched against the table, it had never been the hard to slip into her own mind before.

Ten took in heavy breaths, her entire body clenching as she tried to push past the fog and make her way into the abyss. Now mater how hard she tried, how hard she tried to push into her mind nothing was coming up.

The girl let out an annoyed groan, grabbing the bandanna and throwing it down onto the floor, her face red as she looked at where her sister was sitting in front of her.

"What's wrong?" El asked slowly, looking over the younger girl carefully.

"It's not working." Teddy mumbled, wiping the blood that had fallen down her nose.

"What isn't?" Eleven carefully placed a hand over Ten's.

"I can't find him, Dustins." Teddy explained, watching as El's face morphed into one of confusion, "I can't find anything."

The brunette opened her mouth to ask more but was cut off by the sound of grunts, both girls looking over to see that the rest of the group where trying to push the car that El had flipped back over. The two sisters exchanged glances, before El quickly grabbed onto Teddy's hand, the two making their way over to the destroyed car.