015| MAMA

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
•FIFTEEN•

October 30, 198416:24Hopper's Cabin

October 30, 1984
16:24
Hopper's Cabin

"I love you, Mi Amor." Eleven said along with the tv causing Ten to look up from where she was flipping through her book.

El was staring intently at the screen in front of her as one of her soap operas played causing Ten to roll her eyes as she looked back down at the story of a funny orange creature who spoke for the trees.

She only got a few more words in before a sharp pain flashed through her head, the book slipping out of her hand as she placed her hands on her shoulder-length hair.

Eleven quickly looked up and over at her friend, "Okay?"

Ten nodded, gritting her teeth as her mind involuntary flashed to the familiar walls of the lab, "Will. Another appointment." El nodded slowly, her eyes still trained on her friend. Lately, Ten had been flashing to Will at random, due to her connection with him from the bath.

El then moved from where she sat on the couch, making her way to the small kitchen area and pulling a box from the fridge, before using her powers to open a cabinet and grab a familiar candy bar. After a few moments, she made her way back over to where Ten sat, holding a large plate out towards her.

On the plate were four of what the girls had dubbed, "Sneggos". Eggo waffles covered in whipped cream and bits of Snickers bars.

Ten looked from the plate filled with her favorite food up to the curly-haired girl, "But Hop-"

El shook her head, "Hop not here. Eat." She placed the plate on the coffee table, before sitting down next to Ten on the armchair, "Feel better."

The two girls stared at each other before Ten nodded, giving in, causing both girls to smile before they began digging into the eggos, giggling as whipped cream smeared across their upper lips.

A few hours later, the girls had retreated to their shared bedroom. El sat on her bed, her hands playing with Ten's hair as the younger girl sat on the floor, her book in her hands.

Both girls didn't even glance up at the sound of a familiar knock, El only flicking her head as she used her powers to unlock the front door. She kept her eyes trained on the blonde hair in front of her as she tried to weave it together like she had seen on tv.

"Hey," Hopper's loud voice called out from the kitchen causing the girls to trade a look, "What did we talk about? Dinner first." Ten stood up, placing her book down and making her way into the kitchen, El close behind.

Teddy looked at the plate of Sneggos the girls had snacked on before shrugging as she took her seat on the right, "Sorry."

"No signal." El glared at the man, sitting down as well as Hopper placed the pre-packaged foods in front of them before sitting as well.

"What?"

"Late."

"Yeah, sorry. I got caught up at work. But I'm here now." Teddy nodded at the man, picking at her peas while El frowned causing the man to sigh, "Look, kid. How about if you eat all your mashed potatoes, after this we can all sit down and watch some reruns of the Brady Bunch or some shit." Teddy rolled her eyes as the man sweared, even though he always told her not to.

El raised an eyebrow, "Popcorn?"

Hopper nodded, "Yes, with popcorn. Now eat."

Satisfied with the promise of popcorn and the Brady Brunch the small makeshift family dug into their dinner.

A few hours after watching the Brady Brunch, and while El was brushing her teeth, Teddy laid out across the living room floor, drawing on a sheet of paper.

"Hey," Hopper bent down next to her as he looked at the drawing, "That's pretty good."

Ten smiled lightly as she pointed to each of the stick figures who were all holding hands, "Joyce, Will, Mike, me, Ellie, you, Lucas, Dustin."

Hopper nodded, his eyes rolling as he made out that his body was larger than the others before they landed on a blank space between El and himself, "Wha-What's, uh, that space for?"

"Mama."

The man nodded once again, happy that Teddy wasn't going to bring up the woman he only could assure was long gone, "Okay, well, you done?" He watched as the girl nodded before taking the paper and tacking it up on the wall, "We'll put it right here okay, kid? Now go get ready for bed." He gave Teddy's head a pat before she ran off to her room, as his eyes drifted to the picture on the wall as he frowned.

Becky had said Terry only had one kid, which was El. Unbeknownst to either of the girls as he didn't want them to get their hopes up. In the meantime, Ten's birth mom was just another mystery.

And somewhere not too far from the cabin, a woman in a hospital gown sat curled up against the wall, repeating only one word over and over,

"Jodie."