026| WELCOME HOME DUSTY

June 29, 198511:27The Henderson Household

June 29, 1985
11:27
The Henderson Household

The next morning, Teddy and El hopped out of Hopper's van, blocking out his speech to be home by curfew, giggling as they grabbed hands and ran up towards the door of the Henderson home.

It was the day Dustin got home after a month a science camp and the party had all decided to surprise him at his house.

El quickly knocked on the door, smiling when Max answered it, quickly grabbing Teddy by the wrist and pulling her inside with El following after. The two Hopper girls followed the ginger as she made her way into the living room.

Max quickly pulled Teddy to sit down on the floor, where they were adding the finishing touches on Dustin's Welcome Home poster as El wandered over to Mike in the corner. Teddy smiled over at Will who was sitting on the ground with a marker in hand as he added a border to the sign.

"Hey Will," The boy smiled over at his friend, "I like the flowers!"

"Thanks Teddy!"

"Should we go over the plan again?" Lucas asked, moving to the center of the room.

The Wheeler boy nodded, addressing the group, "So as soon as Dustin is in range he's gonna try and radio us, we have to ignore him until he gets home, and then, El will use her powers to control his robots which he will follow into the living room where we surprise him!" The group all nodded, satisfied with the plan.

A few minutes later after a dozen unanswered calls from Dustin on the SuperComm, the gang all stood behind the fireplace in the living room.

Teddy held her breath, gripping onto Max's hand from where she stood in between her and her sister. She felt bad as she heard Dustin mumbling at no one caring that he was back, but pushed it away as she knew that he would be happy when he saw them.

Mike nodded over at El, signaling for her to go. She closed her eyes, the sound of wheels and flashing lights slowly making their way into the room, a wary Dustin following behind with something in his hand. Once he reached the center of the room El stopped, letting the toys go back to normal as Teddy put a noisemaker that Joyce had bought in her mouth.

Everyone slowly creeped around the corner, Lucas holding the poster that read Welcome Home Dustin! out with everyone else behind him holding noisemakers.

Teddy turned to Mike, who with his hand began counting down from three. Once he nodded the party all blew their noisemakers causing Dustin to scream and jump in the air.

"Surpri-" Teddy was cut off as she watched Dustin raise a can of hairspray and spray it directly into Lucas' eyes causing both boys to scream. Mike quickly pushed Teddy and El behind him so they wouldn't get hurt as El quickly used her powers to fling the hairspray out of Dustin's hand.