043| THE BATTLE OF STARCOURT

July 4, 198523:10Starcourt Mall

July 4, 1985
23:10
Starcourt Mall

"Don't be afraid..." Teddy's eyes twitched at the sound of low and fuzzy voice, her head throbbing as she tried to remember where she was, "It'll be over soon."

Her head flopped to the side, her eyes opening lightly, landing towards the the familiar face beside her, "B-Billy?"

"Just...try and lie very...very still." Teddy slowly turned to where Billy was looking, a scream coming out of her mouth as she realized that the Mind Flayer was back in the mall, looking down at her.

"No! No!" The girl cried, trying to squirm away though Billy grabbed her by the hair, pulling her back towards the monster as he held her shoulders down.

"Stay still!"

Teddy screamed out, trying to thrash and break free of Billy's grip as the Mind Flayer moved one of its tentacles opening its mouth and moving straight towards her.

Ten knew that she couldn't fight back, her powers were gone. If the Mind Flayer took got into her mind then she knew that it would be all over, there would be no stopping it.

The monster growled, it reaching closer towards her as it prepared to attach itself to her mind, to take her over and make her one of the flayed.

Suddenly a large explosion of colors hit against the creature, it letting out a growl as another color, red this time sparked out.

Fireworks.

"Flay this you ugly piece of shit!" A familiar voice screamed out before the sound of more explosions and colors, the monster roaring as Billy looked at it in shock giving Teddy just enough time to bite down on Billy's hand, him releasing her and allowing her to make a break for it, trying to crawl towards safety though Billy grabbed her by the leg, pulling her backwards as she screamed out.

"Get off! Get off!" Ten yelled, trying to punch at Billy as he climbed on top of her, holding her shoulders down to the ground as she tried to fight him, the fireworks exploding over the two as they wrestled.

Teddy writhed in pain as Billy held her tightly, her eyes glancing from the creature to the boy above her. Their blue eyes meeting as Teddy's mind flashed back to what she had saw in his memories.

The wave.

The beach.

Max's step-dad.

The fighting.

Meeting Max.

Mama.