025| FAME

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
•FAME•

June 28, 198517:42Hopper's Cabin

June 28, 1985
17:42
Hopper's Cabin

"I'm gonna live forever! I'm gonna learn how to fly!"

Teddy's brown eyes widened as she watched Max dance around the room, using a hairbrush as a microphone prop as she danced along to music coming from the television set the two girls had dragged from the living room

Teddy's eyes drifted back and forth between the dancing red-head in front of her and the TV sat on her bedroom floor, which was showing one of Max's favorite movies: Fame. Teddy found the film amazing and was deeply interested in not only a world where everyone sang all the time, but also the idea of high school.

"I feel it coming together, People will see me and cry!" Teddy's eyes pulled back from the TV as Max landed on the bed beside her, both girls laughing out at Max's attempt at singing.

Max let out a sight, taking a few deep breaths to help after all the jumping and singing as she laid with her back down on the bed. Teddy watched her for a moment before copying the girl's movements, both girls now laying down and looking up at the ceiling.

"So," Max spoke up, Teddy turning her head to look at the girl whose face was just a few centimeters from her own, "What do you think of the movie?"

"I love it!" Teddy exclaimed, a wide smile on her face, "Is that really what school is like? With all the singing and dancing?"

Max shook her head, her hair fanning out underneath her, "No, that's just in the movies. Real school is all boring classes and gross lunches." The two girls giggled out at the thought of disgusting school lunches before Max noticed something colorful on Teddy's wrist, "Hey, that's cool!"

Teddy watched with wide eyes as Max gently grabbed her wrist, pulling it closer to her face as she inspected the collection of colorful strings that was tied below her usual blue hair-tie, "Oh, yeah. I found how to make them in a magazine. Will brought me some string." 

Max nodded, releasing Teddy's wrist, "I like it! It's cool you can make stuff like that. I tried making a bracelet at a summer camp once back in California but I somehow just kept tying the strings together."

Teddy giggled at the thought of a young Max fumbling over some pieces of colored string before an idea popped into her head, "I could make you one? If you wanted."

The red-heads eyes brightened as she smiled at the taller girl, "Yeah? That would be totally awesome!"

The two girls smiled brightly at each other and something began stirring inside of Teddy that she couldn't quite place. The moment was ripped apart by the sound of a crash and Hopper letting out a string of curse words.