034| THE GRISWOLD FAMILY

July 3, 198512:24The Wheeler House

July 3, 1985
12:24
The Wheeler House

"So this friend of your's he lives in Illinois?"

"Not really a friend more like an acquaintance."

"Okay so, we're walking to Illinois?"

"Yeah, thought we'd get there by Friday, that work for your schedule, Joyce? We're not walking to Illinois!"

Teddy watched carefully as she looked at her father as he stumbled around through the darkness of the void, with Will's mom, and another man with glasses she didn't recognize.

Her eyes couldn't help but notice what her father was wearing, jeans and a bright shirt compared to his police uniform or just a dirty t-shirt.

She watched as her father passed her, obviously not noticing her causing her heart to sink, "Dad-" She mumbled out but he couldn't hear her, her powers were still trying to recover from the fight with Billy.

"I found him." She spoke aloud, letting the rest of the Party hear her, "In woods with Joyce and...a man."

"My mom?" She heard Will wonder aloud, his voice floating through the darkness.

"What are they doing?" Max asked.

"Walking." She then tried to remember the place her dad had mentioned, "Ill-annoy." She sounded out, her words a little choppy.

"Mike!" Mrs. Wheeler called, causing Teddy to snap out of the void, "Want some breakfast?"

Miked called up the stairs to her as Teddy took of the blindfold Lucas had given her, "Not now Mom!" He then turned back to the girl, "Illinois? Like the state of Illinois?" Teddy only shrugged, she only knew the state of Indiana.

El leaned over, looking at the blood dripping from her sister's nose as she pulled her by the hand, pulling them both to stand up, "Come on." She started her way towards the basement bathroom, only stopping to look over her shoulder and call out, "Max."

The redhead only glanced at the boys around her before hopping up, following the two sisters into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them. Max quickly grabbed a washcloth, wetting it before placing it under Teddy's nose, wiping away the fresh blood.

Max watched from where she was sat on the edge of the tub, her eyes trailing up to the bandaid placed just above El's right eyebrow, where she had been hit by the weight that Billy threw.

"How's your head?" Max asked, causing both girls to look over at their friend.

El's hand subconsciously went to her covered wound, it stinging only a little as she touched it, "Better." She sent Max a smile.