045| HEROES

October 10, 198508:47The Byers' Residence

October 10, 1985
08:47
The Byers' Residence

"Hey." Teddy looked up from where she had been studying the bare room that had been her home for the past three months, turning to see her sister in overalls, her hair braided behind her.

The blonde smiled at her sister, moving to stand next to her, "Hey." The two stood in silence for a few moments, looking across the room they had shared, "It feels weird...being here, without him."

Eleven nodded, her mind flashing back to her father, "Yeah. It does. But..." Teddy turned to the girl who was holding her hands out, Ten lacing her fingers through her sister's, "Whatever happens, we'll be together, right?"

Teddy smiled at the girl, the one who she had been through everything with, El was there for her since day one of it, "Together...forever."

The two smiled at each other, knowing that whatever happened next would have them together, the two only looking away when they noticed someone in the doorway.

"Hi." Max stood in the doorway, her eyes on the taller of the sisters before they switched over, "Hey, El." El gave her friend a soft smile before squeezing her sister's hand and leaving the room, leaving Max and Teddy to talk alone.

"Hey." Teddy responded, fiddling with the hairband on her writs. The two stood in silence, on opposite ends of the room, neither sure how to approach.

Max watched as lone tear fell down Teddy's face, though she was quick to wipe it away with her sleeve. Max felt tears fill her own eyes as she started forward and pulled the brunette girl into a hug, "I'm gonna miss you so much, Teddy." She whispered into the girl's hair, letting her own tears she had been trying to hide for so long fall.

Teddy nodded, pushing her head into Max's shoulder as her voice crackled, "I'm gonna miss you too, Max."

Suddenly, Max leaned forward up on the top of toes pressing her lips to the other girls her hands pressing against her shoulders as Teddy instantly kissed back. The two trying to take in everything about other, every little detail and keep it locked away so they would never forget.

Teddy pulled away from Max slowly, her hands still cupping the redheads face as she whispered out, "Goodbye, Max." Before quickly backing out of the room, turning away from Max so she wouldn't see the tears begin to fall and making her way down the hall, stopping only when she heard rustling coming from inside Jonathan's room.

She quickly stepped in, her eyes drifting to where Joyce was kneeled on the floor, next to a box marked Hopper, with a piece of paper in her hands.