014| THE AFTERMATH

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
•THE AFTERMATH•

CHAPTER FOURTEEN •THE AFTERMATH•

November 12, 1983
23:56
Unknown

Ten shot up quickly, going into a coughing fit as she breathed in too fast. She looked around, it seemed to be the classroom that she and El had been in with the boys. But it was dark and cold and covered in vines.

El...

"El? Eleven?" Ten called, quickly scrambling to her feet, slipping on the sludge that lined the floor, "El?"

"Teddy?"

Ten turned quickly to see the familiar girl in the pink dress looking around, "Eleven!" The two quickly ran to each other, pulling one another into a hug, tears falling onto one another.

El pulled away, though Teddy kept her arms tight around her waist as Eleven placed her hands on her face, wiping the tears, "Okay. You're okay!"

Teddy moved her head, sobs choking out as she looked around, "Mike! Mike!" El shushed her lightly, pulling her into another warm hug as the two cried out.

After a few more moments of sobbing, Eleven pulled away, tugging on Teddy's hand, leading the girl through the somewhat familiar version of the middle school. The two made their way through the hallways, only stopping once Teddy tugged onto El's hand, causing the other girl to look over at a large hole in the wall.

"Gate." Ten muttered and Eleven nodded, slowly walking towards it, putting her face close and peering out it.

"School..." Eleven then shot back, pulling Ten to the wall with her as a bright light shone through the hole, both girls holding their breath until the light disappeared.

The two girls then made their way back to the portal, Eleven narrowing her eyes as she used her powers to make the hole in the wall larger, enough room for them to climb through. Eleven wiped the blood from under her nose, turning to see Ten staring off into the dark school, almost like she was seeing something. El tugged on the girl's hand, causing Ten to look at her and nod before Eleven pushed her way through the hole, Ten close behind.

Teddy took a deep breath before sticking her hand through the goo, it cold and slimy. Ten felt El grab onto her hand from the other side, helping to tug her through.

Once she was on the other side, she let her body fall against Eleven, both girls holding onto each other, relived to be free from the Upside Down. After a few moments of leaning against the other, Ten used the wall to help stand up.

"Find...Mike." She stumbled out, Eleven nodding as the two made their way, hand in hand, out of the school.

-

After an hour of stumbling through the woods, the girls finally reached the familiar Wheeler house, only to see it swarmed with many cars and unfamiliar people.

"Mike..." Ten stared at the house before quickly and quietly making her way towards it, Eleven not far behind.

The two reached a window that lead into the living room, Ten walking forward a little to get a closer look. A smile crossing her face as she realized one of the many figures in the room was Mike, he was okay. As she studied him with tears in her eyes he quickly looked over, Eleven pulling her away before anyone else could see.

The two girls took off into the woods where they had originally been found, ducking under a fallen tree log. Hands gripping onto each other as flashlights shown overhead.