011| KITTY HEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN
KITTY HEN•

November 12, 198316:37The Wheeler Home

November 12, 1983
16:37
The Wheeler Home

"There." Mike said, wiping the last of the dirt off of Ten's face, her eyes never leaving his own, "That's a lot better."

Teddy moved her eyes to the mirror in the small basement bathroom, taking in herself. Though the dirt from her face had been wiped clean it still stained her dress and jacket. She looked over her features, her eyes going back to her short hair.

"Hey, it's okay. You're okay." Mike said, wrapping an arm around Ten's shoulders and pulling her into a hug, "You still look pretty. Really pretty. Better than pretty." Teddy smiled, burying her face in his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. He had gotten her back again and he promised himself he wouldn't let her go. Not this time.

"Teddy, I'm really glad you're back." He mumbled into her shoulder though the girl understood.

"Me too. Missed you."

"I missed you too."

The bathroom door than swung open causing the two kids to jump away from each other and look to Dustin standing in the doorway, "It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble!"

Teddy and Mike then followed Dustin over to the table to where El sat in front of the SuperComm, Lucas' voice going in and out while mixing with static.

"What's he saying?" Mike asked causing Dustin to shrug.

"I don't know he's way out of range!"

Mike sighed as he held the walkie close to his face, "Lucas if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Lucas tried to respond, though his voice kept coming in and out.

"Kitty hen, does that mean anything to you?" Dustin asked, repeating what Lucas had said, "Like a code name or something?"

"The shitty men are coming!" Lucas' voice sounded through the radio clearly as he got into range.

"Shitty men." Mike realized causing Dustin's eyes to widen and Ten and Eleven to look at each other in horror.

"Oh shit, stay here, okay?" Mike told the two girls, not waiting for an answer as he raced up the stairs, Dustin quick to follow. Ten latched onto Eleven's hand, they couldn't go back. They just couldn't.

A minute later Mike and Dustin ran back down the stairs, ushering the two girls out the back door, yelling as they did so. The boys quickly picked up their bikes, running alongside them through the backyard. They stopped to hop onto the bikes, Ten getting on Mike's while El got on Dustin's before quickly taking off