010| SAFE

CHAPTER TEN
•SAFE•

November 12, 198308:15The Woods

November 12, 1983
08:15
The Woods

Ten's eyes shot open as the lights to her room turned on. She quickly made her way into a sitting position under the covers as Papa walked into the room.

He sent her a smile as he sat at her feet, pulling a yellow flower in a pot out from behind his back and holding it out to the girl who carefully took it into her hands as she studied it. She had never seen a real flower before.

"Today's a very important day, Ten." Papa said, watching the girl as she looked down at the flower, "Do you know why?" Ten shook her head.

"Because this is the day we make history, Ten. Today we make contact."

Ten sat up, leaves sticking to her clothes as she looked around, squinting due to the light. She looked to the left to see Eleven sitting next to her, where she had been last night.

It had been cold and scary, but at least the two had each other.

"Morning, El." Ten smiled over at Eleven who returned it lightly. Teddy then noticed that Eleven no longer wore her wig and she patted her own as if to ask what happened. El shrugged, looking down, and Ten removed her own long wig and threw it aside, causing the two girls to giggle.

Ten then helped Eleven stand up, and the two walked hand in hand out of the woods.

-

Less than an hour later the two stumbled across a large building with many people coming in and it. The two girls looked at each other before nodding, and making their way towards the story.

Ten was amazed at the doors that opened by themselves as she trailed after Eleven who was hell bent on finding something to eat. Teddy seemed to shrink under the stares people were giving her in the shop as she was reminded of another time in the lab.

"It's okay, Ten." Papa's voice sounded out as he lead Ten into the room that held the bath, both looking around at many people that swarmed the area, "Don't be frightened. These are all friends. They're just here to watch. Don't focus on them. Just contact with the creature, you'll be in the bath this time so it will much, much easier."

Ten nodded, "Yes, Papa."

Papa lead Ten up the metal stairs and over to the top of the bath, letting go of her hand as some of the other scientists fitted her with the "crown" and another one on top allowing her to breathe in the water.