039|THE DELI AISLE

July 4, 198520:27Bradley's Big Buy

July 4, 1985
20:27
Bradley's Big Buy

"Okay, get them down here." Nancy instructed, watching as Mike and Jonathan gently placed the two Hopper sisters down on the floor or the dairy aisle, their backs against the shelves.

Jonathan rolled up the pants leg on El's right leg while Nancy was quick to unbuckle Teddy's suspender pulling her shirt up lightly to see the damage on the side. Everyone looking cursed or looked away in disgust.

"Oh shit."

Neither of them looked great. El's leg had a long cut from her ankle to her knee while Teddy's was wider, it stretching across her ribs. Both of them were bleeding profusely and the girls were in a lot of pain.

Teddy grabbed onto El's hand as Nancy opened up a cleaning wipe causing Max to shake her head, "What are you doing?"

"I'm cleaning the wound."

Max shook her head again, "No, no, no. We need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Nancy looked at her in surprise,"I skateboard. Trust me." She then grabbed the two cloths from Nancy, putting one on El's leg and one on Teddy's side, guiding their hands to cover them, "I need you two to hold these real tight and firm, okay? We're gonna need water and soap." Max looked over at Nancy and Jonathan who quickly nodded.

"Got it!" The couple then ran off just as Lucas turned his backpack upside down, spilling out all the contents onto the floor.

Max looked at him in shock, "What are you doing?"

Lucas shrugged, unsure what to do in the situation and internally panicking that two of his best friends were gonna die, "Does any of this help?"

"No! I need a bowl and a washcloth!" Max ordered.

"A bowl?" Lucas asked, tilting his head slightly causing Will to pull him away to find a bowl.

Max then quickly turned to Mike, "I'm gonna need to stitch them up so I need you to get me a sewing kit and a needle, okay?" Max watched as the boy just stared at his girlfriend and best friend in shock, "Mike, they are gonna be fine but I need you to go now!" Mike nodded before quickly running off.

"Okay," Max sighed, trying to wrap her head around everything, "I'm gonna go get something for you two to bite down on, okay? I'll be back as soon as I can!" El weakly nodded which Max took as a sign before rushing off leaving the two Hopper girls alone.

"Teddy," El spoke as soon as Max left, her voice wincing, "You-you saved me..."

Teddy gave a weak smile, moving her head to look at the girl next to her, "You saved me back. You're my sister...of course I had to help." El nodded at that, the two still gripping hands as they closed their eyes.