032| GAME ON

July 2, 198511:09The Wheeler Home

July 2, 1985
11:09
The Wheeler Home

Teddy let out a yawn as she took a seat on the couch, after finding Billy and Heather the girls had gone to Max's though Teddy couldn't sleep a wink, it also didn't help that early in the morning Mike had called begging the girls to come over and that it was a "Code Red."

"Okay, so why are we here again?" Max asked, voicing all the girls' thoughts, "Is this just another one of your ploys to get your girlfriend back?"

Mike scoffed, crossing his arms as he glared at the California girl, "Oh, shut up Max."

"Hey!" Teddy yelled, clearly upset Mike was being mean to Max.

"Guys," Will called, getting everyone's attention,"This is serious. Look, I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of The Dead."

"Power went out that night too." Mike added on.

Will nodded, "And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day. Then again yesterday outside of Castle Byers."

"What does it feel like?" Max asked carefully, not wanting to bring up something that would upset the Byers boy.

"It's almost like..." He paused, trying to find a way to explain it, "You know when you drop on a roller coaster?"

"Sure."

"Yeah."

"No."

Teddy didn't even know what a roller coaster was.

Will ignored El's comment, "It's like..everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but this is worse." Teddy watched her friend with wide eyes as he explained what she had also felt, "But this...it's worse. Your body, it gets cold-and you can't breathe. It's almost like-"

"Like drowning." Teddy finished, all eyes going to her as she wrapped her arms around her knees thinking about when she had seen Heather in the void, "I felt it. In the void."

Lucas nodded, looking in between Teddy and Will, "That would make sense. You guys first connected when Teddy went to find you in the bath, remember?" Everyone but Max had nodded, that was before she had arrived, "And the connection stayed when Will was the host."

"So it makes sense you guys would be connected now." Mike added on.

Will and Teddy shared a look before Will continued speaking, "I just, I remember the feeling from when he was close."