024| THE SNOWBALL

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
•THE SNOWBALL•

 December 15, 198420:10Hawkins Middle School

December 15, 1984
20:10
Hawkins Middle School

"Remember if anyone asks you questions just say you're from out of town, stick with each other, be out here by 11:00 on the dot, and if anyone bothers you I'm right out here so-"

"Dad," Teddy cut Hopper off, placing a hand on his arm from where she sat in the passenger seat, "We got it." The man opened his mouth to speak but let it fall closed at the look in the blonde girl's eyes.

"Can we go now?" El popped up from where she sat in the backseat, anxiously looking out the window of the car in excitement.

"Yes, but-" Before he could even finish the sentence, El had practically jumped out of the car and was making her way towards the school entrance.

Hopper rolled his eyes as Teddy giggled, undoing her seatbelt and reaching for the door handle only to be stopped by the man placing his large hand on his shoulder.

"Jo, wait." The blonde girl looked at him with her wide brown eyes, her hands placed in her lap over her light pink dress, "I, uh, I got something for you."

Teddy watched as the man rolled up his sleeve, revealing a blue hair-tie on his left wrist. He then proceeded to pull it off, running his fingers over it for a minute before looking back up at the teenager.

"This, was, this was, uh, Sarah's. She loved these things, always making me put her hair up in them." He paused for a minute, "She had two, I gave El the other one while you were getting dressed, but, uh, I want you to have it."

"Me?"

Hopper nodded, holding the band out to the girl next to him, "Yeah, you." He watched as the girl took it in her small hands, looking at in awe before slowly putting it over her left wrist, covering her tattoo, "See? It looks good. I, uh, I want you to have it because I think you and Sarah would have been good friends, you know? She would have been like your sister."

Teddy's eyes trailed up from where she was studying the material on her wrist, before quickly reaching over the gear shift and throwing her arms around the man, burying her face in his shoulder.

Hopper froze for a minute before wrapping his arms around the younger girl, pressing a kiss to her blonde hair.

The two stayed like that for a minute before Teddy pulled away, smiling at the man who returned it.

"You better go catch up with, El." The man said causing the girl to nod with a smile on her face as she opened the car door, "And tell Mike to watch his hands!"