018| GROUNDED

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
GROUNDED•

November 1, 198420:46Hopper's Cabin

November 1, 1984
20:46
Hopper's Cabin

Teddy gripped onto El's hand as they walked through the woods, leaves crunching under their feet. The curly haired girl looked over at Teddy, who still had blood running from her nose, with worry.

Both girls stopped as they approached the cabin, the tall figure they knew to be Hopper standing on the porch, cigarette in hand. Both girls traded a look before continuing up to the cabin.

El lead Ten up the stairs, not glancing at Hopper as they pushed their way inside, the man close behind them.

"Friends don't lie. Isn't that your bullshit saying?" Hopper yelled as the girls made their way into their room, closing the door only for Hopper to pry it open, "Hey! Hey! Hey! Don't walk away from me!"

Teddy rolled her eyes, throwing her jacket onto her bed. She really wasn't in the mood to be yelled at by Hop after what she saw on the field.

"Where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?" Hopper's glare moved from El to Teddy, "What? You go see your pals?"

El's shoulders tightened at the mention of the name, the vision of Mike and Zoom Girl filling her mind, "Didn't see us."

"Okay, well someone might have. Come on, think! Did anyone see you? Either of you?" Hopper yelled, his voice booming against the walls.

"Nobody saw us!"

Hopper ignored El, sighing as he leant against the dresser, "You put us in danger, both of you, you realize that?" He looked over at Ten, "You cannot let her drag you into this!"

Fire burned in Teddy's eyes, "You! Your fault!" She pointed to Hopper, her voice raising, "We stay and never go! Nothing ever happens!"

"Yeah! Nothing happens and you stay safe!" Hopper yelled, slamming his hand down on the dresser causing the girls to jump.

El finally butted in, standing close next to Teddy as she shouted at the man, "You lie!"

"I don't lie!" Hopper boomed, towering over the girls as Teddy let tears fall from her eyes, "I protect, and I feed, and I teach! And all I ask of the both of you is that you follow three simple rules. Three rules. And you know what? You can't even do that!"

Ten watched with dark eyes as Hopper stormed into the living room, not noticing as El began kicking the wall in frustration.

"Both of you, you're grounded!" Ten narrowed her eyes at the unfamiliar word as Hopper continued, stomping to the kitchen, "You know what that means? It means no Eggos, no Snickers, and no tv for a week!"