027| LIE

June 30, 198510:52Ron Barnes' Apartment 

June 30, 1985
10:52
Ron Barnes' Apartment 

 After making no contact with Susie the nigh before, the next morning being Hopper dropped Teddy off at a familiar building,  Teddy now stood at the door of the apartment, it swinging open to reveal none other than her friend Ron Barnes, dressed in an orange flannel and jeans, his glasses perched on his nose.

"Hey, Jodie." The girl smiled up at the man, they had been old friends and she was grateful for all he had done for her and her mother, "Come on in. I'll get you some juice."

Teddy nodded, following after Ron into the small apartment, watching as he made his way towards the kitchen. The girl then glanced into the living room to see a familiar woman sitting on the couch, looking out towards the window.

"Mama."

The woman turned towards the young girl, her long blonde shiny hair in a neat bob as she smiled at her daughter, beckoning him over.

"Jodie." The woman sent the girl a warm smile, which Teddy returned as she allowed the woman to envelop her in a warm hug.

Every day Lisa got a little bit better. She recognized faces and names and could even eat on her own. She still mumbled nonsense to herself sometimes when she was alone but much like her daughter had been expanding her vocabulary daily.

Ron thought it was best that he take care of Lisa as he was a trained scientist and knew enough about the medical field. It would have been too hard to explain to other doctors and nurses what had happened to Lisa at the lab. So Ron moved down from Michigan and got a job as a pharmacist, allowing him to afford the apartment for the both of them.

It was taking a lot of work to pinpoint and reverse the damage done via electroshock therapy at the lab but they were moving along at a good pace.

Teddy smiled at her mom as the woman began brushing through her daughter's hair, humming lightly to herself as she did so. Lisa had a knack for humming anything she heard from lullabies to TV jingles and while it occasionally annoyed Hopper, it was one of the things Teddy loved about her mom.

Teddy was also aware that he by no means had a normal family. She didn't know who her real dad was and her mom could only speak in broken phrases and lived with a scientist while her adoptive dad was a police chief who had no experience in raising two teenage girls. Her family certainly wasn't normal but it seemed like nothing in her life really was. Her family cared for and loved her and that was all she could really ask.

A minute later as Lisa began humming the chorus to Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Ron returned with a cup of apple juice and one filled with water. He passes the juice to the young girl while he placed the water cup on the coffee table for Lisa before sitting in the recliner.