000| PROLOGUE

•PROLOGUE•

February 19, 1971Hawkins Lab

February 19, 1971
Hawkins Lab

"Hawkins Laboratory is not responsible for any side effects including, but not limited to: illness, fatigue, menopause, migraines, drows-"

"Let me go!" Lisa yelled as she thrashed against the handcuffs placed on either side of the metal chair in which she was sitting, "Help!"

The lab official didn't acknowledge the women, even as she continued screaming and kicking, instead he continued reading off the list, "Insomnia, nosebleeds, xerostomia, and death."

Both the inhabitants of the room glanced up at the sound of the door clicking open, and the sound of footprints. A tall and skinny man in a black suit with light hair entered the room with a team of more lab assistants filing in behind, the man nodded at the one who had been reading off the clipboard before turning to the woman.

"Lisa, lovely to see you again." He flashed the woman an almost charming smile as he crouched down in front of her, almost as if he genuinely cared.

The woman scowled at him as tears formed in her eyes, "Martin. Please, please, just let me go. I don't want to do this anymore." She pleaded, her thrashing ceasing as she began to sob, snot dribbling down from her nose.

Brenner only sighed, shaking his head before glancing back at the crying woman, "You know I can't do that, Lisa." He cleared his throat before once again speaking over her pleas."You signed a contract."

"No!" She thrashed again, screaming as the cold cuffs around her didn't budge, "Martin, Martin, please. I can't. Not anymore. My baby." She had lowered her voice when mentioning the unborn child, still not believing it was true.

Lisa had never planned to get pregnant, not again at least. At only 19 she had given birth to her first child, the father of whom was her abusive ex. After returning to her hometown away from his grasps, she hoped to lead a normal life. She never got that.

"Yes." Brenner had also lowered his voice as he looked at the young woman's stomach, "Yes, of course the baby." His gaze then drifted up to Lisa's tear-stained face, his gaze hardening as he stood up, turning away from Lisa.

"Get her prepped." He told the lab assistants who all began nodding and working on his orders.

"No! No! No!" Lisa screamed at the top of her lungs, trying in vain to kick or squirm away from any of the approaching lab workers.

Her screams were silenced by a piece of cloth being forced into her mouth. Lisa looked up directly at where Martin Brenner was standing a few feet away, a pleading look in her eyes as she looked at the man who she had once considered her friend. His cold stare was all that she was meet with before she was blindfolded.

And as the headphones were placed over Lisa Anderson's ears, sufficiently blocking the world out, all she could hear was static.