007| TWINKLE, TWINKLE

CHAPTER SEVEN
•TWINKLE, TWINKLE•

 November 9, 198314:24Hawkins Middle School

November 9, 1983
14:24
Hawkins Middle School

After Dustin had helped Ten tie her shoes, the party made their way to the school. Ten and Eleven couldn't help but look around in amazement as they rode through the town. They're were so many people and stores and colors!

When they finally arrived at a building with a large blue paw print on it, the boys pushed open the doors, leading the way inside as the two girls followed.

"Okay," Teddy looked over at Mike as they made their way down the hall, "If anyone sees us look sad."

"Like this, Teddy." Dustin told the girl, pretending to cry, the girl copied his motions causing the boy to smile as he ruffled her fake hair.

The sound of the PA going off caused Ten to freeze, it felt like she was in the void, although Mike grabbed her hand and pulled her along.

"Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

As Mike reached a door, he pulled on the handle, sighing as it wouldn't budge, "It's locked." Lucas rolled his eyes as he too tried to door while Dustin turned to the girls.

"Hey, do you think you can open it? With your powers?" Teddy and El exchanged a look just as a tall man with a mustache rounded the corner causing everyone to freeze and Ten to grab Mike's hand in fear he was a shitty man.

"Boys." The man addressed.

"Hey." Lucas faked a smile as he leaned against the door, trying to play it off like he hadn't tried to bust it down seconds before.

"Assembly's about to start."

Mike nodded, putting a sad look on which Ten followed as she pretended to wipe tears, "We know. We're just, you know..."

"Upset." Lucas quickly frowned.

Dustin nodded, "Yeah-yeah, definitely upset."

"We need some alone time".

"To...cry."

The man nodded, his eyes looking over the boys, "Hey, listen...I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh? And then..." He pulled some keys from his pocket before tossing it to Mike, "The Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?" The boys all nodded just as the man looked over at the two girls, "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?"