037| THE SOURCE

July 4, 198518:07Hopper's Cabin

July 4, 1985
18:07
Hopper's Cabin

Teddy sat in front of the TV in the living room, everyone around her as she looked down at the photo of Billy from last year's yearbook. She studied him, taking deep breaths as she prepared to go back into Billy's mind.

She did it before.

She could do it again.

"Hey." Teddy looked up from where she was staring at the static on the TV to see Max standing above her, a sheepish look on your face, "You doing alright?"

The brunette nodded as Max sat down next to her, "Yeah, I'm okay."

The two girls sat in silence for a few minutes, their eyes both cast down as they tried to understand the feeling they both shared. The silence was broken by Max reaching over and placing a hand over Teddy's that was clutching a blindfold.

"Jo," Teddy's eyes moved from the hand on hers to the blue eyes in front of her, "Just, just be careful okay?"

In a surge of courage the brunette carefully flipped her own hand over, intertwining her and Max's hands as she fond herself nodding, "Okay."

The two girls smiled at one another for a while, only looking away at the sound of footsteps behind them, revealing El standing close. Max smiled at the other Hopper girl, before giving Teddy's hand one last squeeze before standing up and moving over to the kitchen area.

"You ready?" El asked as she sat down next to her sister, watching as the girl nodded, the blindfold in her hands, "I'll be right here the whole time. Promise."

Teddy nodded, giving her sister one last look before tying the blindfold over her eyes, letting the world and the static sink into darkness.

It took only seconds to find Billy.

He was still where she had last seen him. Sitting on his bed, staring ahead.

She took a deep breath, remembering her mother's words before starting towards the boy, her feet slowly dragging through the water as she made her way closer.

Teddy now stood directly in front of Billy, her eyes scanning over him. His sweaty skin that was darkened with black veins all across his body. Her eyes landed on his, filled with darkness and lifelessness.

"Billy," Teddy whispered so softly that she barley heard herself, "C-can you hear me? I wanna know what happened to you." She then carefully reached down, grabbing onto Billy's much larger hand and holding it in her own, waiting to see if anything happened.