017| NOT STUPID

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
NOT STUPID•

November 1, 198408:14Hopper's Cabin

November 1, 1984
08:14
Hopper's Cabin

Teddy sat at the table, a glare etched on her face as Hopper called to Eleven from their room. Neither of the girls had talked to Hopper since he came home late, both upset about their plans being canceled. Ten, however, couldn't help but blame Hopper for many things, including the fact that she couldn't see her friends.

"Guess Teddy and I are gonna have to eat all these Sneggos by ourselves, huh?" At that El came racing into the kitchen, quickly sitting down and stuffing her face as Hopper sat next to her and began to cut up the food before taking a bite.

"Mhmm, good right? And the best thing is it's only 3,000 calories." Hopper joked though neither of the girls laughed, he sniffed as he noticed the dried blood under Ten's nose, "You, uh, you visited your friends again last night?"

Teddy glanced down, trying to wipe the day old blood away, "Dustin says they all miss us"

"Want me to go check on him?" Teddy shook her head at Hopper's offer, not wanting him to bother any of her friends.

"Hey, You'll see him, all of them, soon I promise." Ten tensed at the use of the word, not glancing up at Hopper, "When it's not dangerous, you're not what he needs right now. But I really feel like I'm making progress with these people."

"Why do you lie?" Teddy asked through gritted teeth.

Hopper narrowed his eyes, "What?"

Ten finally looked up, fire in her eyes as she glared at her guardian, "You say soon on day 21. You say soon on day 205. Now you say soon on day 326?"

Hopper rolled his eyes at the young girl, "Oh wow you counting the days like some kind of prisoner now?"

"When is soon?"

Hopper sighed as he buttoned his shirt, "Soon is when it's not dangerous anymore."

That's not the answer that Ten wanted, "When?"

"I don't know."

"Day 400?"

"I don't know."

"Day 500?"

"I said I don't know."

Teddy narrowed her eyes, slipping into Hopper's mind and making him spill coffee all over himself, the man shooting up just as Ten entered her own body.